Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not Good Enough  (Read 3386 times)
Anonymous

« on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 19:22:10 »

Decided to part with 40 odd quid in order to watch Swindon today, as it's been a while since I last saw them in the flesh.  The game kicked off, and the 4-5-1 system was okay, but had several failings.  One major plus from today was the performance of Sean O'Hanlon from midfield.  I thought he was superb, and his goal capped the performance.  However, it did involve Roberts on the wing - a position he doesn't particularly like and it showed - and in the second half it meant Howard went into the centre where, as per usual, he was crap.

The two goals we conceded were diabolical to be honest.  The first goal was due to a lack of pace from Duke, and if Nicholas had been there the cross would never have come in.  It is as simple as that, and given the pace of their right winger I am amazed King didn't play Nicholas instead.  Why Nicholas is being forced to be content with a place on the bench this season I don't know because he is our only defender other than Ifil with pace.  When Ifil is suspended, he surely should be a must to start?

King's post-match reaction disappoints me.  He seems pretty happy with it, but the truth is 3 points were there for the taking today.  Bournemouth were bollocks.

Pook came on and did bugger all, and I was disappointed not to see Caton play today - the lad has got to be given another chance simply because our first-teamers aren't cutting it.

Today
Robinson, O'Hanlon and Nicholas stood out as good performers, as did Igoe before he came off at half-time - I presume with injury?

Roberts, Parkin, and Howard were pretty much anonymous and offer little to this system - the 4-5-1 stiffles their creativity.

Heywood,  Duke and Garrard were shit.  Shouldn't be in the starting lineup.

Heywood looks so uncomfortable on the ball it is untrue.  Should not be in the first team.

Reeves was adequate until he got booked, when he could have perhaps been sent off for a professional challenge.  His pace is a liability and needs to be paired alongside at least two fairly quick defenders if he's going to have any form of decent chance.

Have to say I'm getting worried, and the further we drop down the table, the more the "King Out" thoughts come to the forefront of my mind, as we really are in the shit.  Today we needed points, and should have had some.
Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 20:19:11 »

When was your last game, before todays?
Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 22:39:08 »

Quote from: "Reeves4manager"
When was your last game, before todays?

Not including the LDV Vans game against Bristol, Torquay  Shocked
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 11:32:14 »

Most of that is crap Paul

At least they showed soem fecking guts
Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 13:01:37 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Most of that is crap Paul

At least they showed soem fecking guts

Who in particular?

I think we showed guts because we had two dogs of war in the middle - Turbo and O'Hanlon.  The rest were still pretty bad.  Duke and Heywood were shocking, second to every ball even when they had a headstart.  I don't victimise Duke normally, but yesterday he was bad.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 13:53:52 »

you say that we were poor but many reports suggested that there was an improvement. Obviously you won't have seen our play recently but if I didn't have a season ticket I would be staying away. The team haven't looked capable of playing a pass and that's why we have been so poor. There was obviously some kind of improvement yesterday and you seem to be the only person not to acknowledge that. Wink
kizz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 20, 2004, 09:46:56 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
you say that we were poor but many reports suggested that there was an improvement. Obviously you won't have seen our play recently but if I didn't have a season ticket I would be staying away. The team haven't looked capable of playing a pass and that's why we have been so poor. There was obviously some kind of improvement yesterday and you seem to be the only person not to acknowledge that. Wink

Just because there was an improvement doesn't mean that we were not poor... our last few performances have been so bad, than a slight improvement is not good enough. We need a huge improvement to turn things around!!!

Bye bye season - was nice while it lasted.

iven a level playing field (i.e. enough water so a shark could manouevre, but not so deep that a bear would flounder) who would win in a fight between a bear and a shark?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 20, 2004, 09:51:04 »

it was an improvemnt, but only enough to get a draw!

i think if we end up in the top half i would b pleased at this moments form and performance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: