Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shit  (Read 13846 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, September 13, 2008, 22:24:18 »

Fair enough Dell,though i would have given MOM to Cox,Smith has looked pretty solid this season...and JPM is NOT a defensive player,i cant fathom why MM keeps playing him there.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 11:28:37 »

Agree about Paynter. Worked his arse off today and it pisses me off how people can't see what he brings to the team
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 11:33:11 »

Paynter has impressed me hugely
sonic youth

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 11:57:32 »

wasn't impressed with paynter last season after the first few games but he is playing very well and has a good partnership with cox...he'd be even better if defenders didn't constantly try and rip his shirt off, hold him back and pretty much try to slip their cock up his arse.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 12:04:46 »

Agree even in pre season he did not impress me but i am big enough to admit i could of been a bit premature and not for the 1st time
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 12:15:48 »

I actually thought Paynter wasn't at his best yesterday. I have been a big fan of his since he joined us and i have always said he and Cox play well together. Always thought he was good last season even if i was the only one. Yesterday he worked hard (he always does) but just seemed a little of the ball.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 12:46:44 »

We'll be going down if we're not too careful. I thought we were making inroads into playing better when we won at MK, but I fear that may have papered over the cracks.

Cox and Macca will be gone at the end of the season too. That's unless we start improving in the run up to Christmas. I've been supportive of Malpas because he deserved a chance. But now he has 4 games to win me over. My conclusion will be that he isn't good enough if we don't improve within that period.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 12:57:12 »

I actually thought Paynter wasn't at his best yesterday. I have been a big fan of his since he joined us and i have always said he and Cox play well together. Always thought he was good last season even if i was the only one. Yesterday he worked hard (he always does) but just seemed a little of the ball.

I rate Paynter too, but there are a couple of things he should work on:

1. stop looking for free kicks by getting caught up in senseless tangles with defenders and going down a bit too easy.
2. When going on a run with the ball, looking up can be an advantage.

In fairness to him, yesterday he looked for the lay off to the right wing a few times only to see a huge gaping void where JP should have been.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:19:20 »

wasn't impressed with paynter last season after the first few games

The first few games when he scored 5 in 2?

Things get better but they never get good
sonic youth

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:37:25 »

yeah. i wasn't impressed in games he played subsequent to that... perhaps my expectations were too high after a superb start
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:38:56 »

I suppose. I get the impression paynters a little like a lower league heskey. If we played a more direct style with him as our focal point we may get more success i feel

Things get better but they never get good
sonic youth

« Reply #131 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:40:00 »

his biggest problem isn't of his own making - defenders absolutely murder him and get away with it.
glos_robin

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:41:45 »

his biggest problem isn't of his own making - defenders absolutely murder him and get away with it.
I think he must have a bit of a reputation with referees and as a result treat him badly.......don't know what he has done to get this reputation though. I think the best example of this was Crewe last season where he was sent off for a bit of a nothing challenge.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 15:17:26 »

Hes a player suited to route one football which we dont play as a rule,i would have him as man up front on his own and have Cox and maybe young Joyce playing just behind...Cox was almost a midfielder for us yesterday anyway...he earns his money does Cox.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 15:23:01 »

Colchester game he got absolute battered by the 2 centre backs and got nothing out of it. if we do play route one he nees to be a bit of a bully.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: