Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipod?  (Read 3260 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 18:44:48 »

Can someone please explain the Ipod.
People go on about it, but the truth is I don't have a fuckin clue what it actually is.
 Oops  :?:

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 19:06:03 »

is there anything you do have a clue about?

Rigobert Song La la la
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 19:09:14 »

its basically a walkman/discman that uses mp3's as opposed to a CD or Cassette, instad of having to carry around extra disks it allows you to copy upto 20/40/60gb of mp3 for your listening pleasure.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 19:14:21 »

"what are mp3s?"
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 19:16:53 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
"what are mp3s?"

MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3) is a standard technology and format for compression a sound sequence into a very small file (about one-twelfth the size of the original file) while preserving the original level of sound quality when it is played. MP3 files (identified with the file name suffix of ".mp3") are available for downloading from a number of Web site. Many Windows 98 users will find that they have a player built into their operating system. Otherwise, you can download a player from one of several popular MP3 sites. MP3 files are usually download-and-play files rather than streaming sound files that you link-and-listen-to with RealPlayer and similar products (However, streaming MP3 is possible.) Winamp (PC), MacAmp (Mac), and mpeg123 (UNIX) are popular MP3 players, but there are many others. To create an MP3 file, you use a program called a ripper to get a selection from a CD onto your hard disk and another program called an encoder to convert the selection to an MP3 file. Most people, however, simply download MP3s from someone else and play them.
digital audio is typically created by taking 16 binary digit samples a second of the analog signal. Since this signal is typically spread out over a spectrum of 44.1 thousand cycles per second (kHz), this means that one second of CD quality sound requires 1.4 million bits of data. Using their knowledge of how people actually perceive sound, the developers of MP3 devised a compression algorithm that reduces data about sound that most listeners can not perceive. MP3 is currently the most powerful algorithm in a series of audio encoding standards developed under the sponsorship of the Motion Picture Experts Group (MPEG) and formalized by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).

Since it is relatively easy to create MP3 files from CD selections and make them available on Web sites for downloading, companies and sites that promote the MP3 format are sometimes accused of encouraging copyright violations. (It is illegal to copy music from a CD and redistribute it unless you have the copyright owner's permission.) On the other hand, MP3 enthusiasts claim that what CD publishers are afraid of is any kind of non-CD distribution. While there are several proposals for how to discourage such piracy, there is currently no secure distribution and copyright management standard that publishers and other parties agree upon.

Several Web sites are promoting MP3 as both a high-quality audio format and as a way in which self-publishers can gain ready access to an audience. Currently, some music publishers are providing sample cuts in the MP3 format as a way to entice users to buy a CD. However, not much mainstream copyrighted material is available except as an illegal download.

As an alternative approach to individual MP3 downloads, IBM and five recording companies plan to offer entire CD downloads to users with access to high-bandwidth cable modem service. Formerly called Madison, the service, which will be tested during 1999, will ensure royalty payment to the artists and publishers. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is also working on a Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI).

:shock:  Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 20:06:22 »

ipods are fucking tremendoso!

my dad bought my stepmum a mini ipod for her birthday and i've spent all weekend setting it up and that- i wish i had one. i might steal it.

officially blacker than the night.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 23:39:47 »

Quote from: "Onion_Jimbo"

Yes, Nose picking.

blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 18, 2004, 23:40:18 »

Quote from: "Whits"
its basically a walkman/discman that uses mp3's as opposed to a CD or Cassette, instad of having to carry around extra disks it allows you to copy upto 20/40/60gb of mp3 for your listening pleasure.

Thanks dude. Wink

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 00:38:12 »

I agree with jimbo here, you're a cunt blinkpip
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 00:48:35 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
I agree with jimbo here, you're a cunt blinkpip

Your a cunt! Hows ur mate black eye!  Soapy Tit Wank   Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  :jaw2  :ha  :ha  :ha  :ha

Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 03:35:51 »

yeah so...

Rigobert Song La la la
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 18:50:52 »

you sure do know how to insult someone, dont you?

are those pikeys still picking on you?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 19:18:12 »

blinkpip i have to agree since the omission of gary, you are probably the biggest gayer on here.

agreed?

officially blacker than the night.
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 19, 2004, 19:45:47 »

ag read

Rigobert Song La la la
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: