Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Beckett  (Read 1650 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 14:12:53 »

Been at Oldham recently, they are hoping to make the deal permanent.

Just wondering whether King might try and get him in a swap deal if Parkin is attracting interest from Sheffield Utd.

I know his name seems to come up a lot on message boards for clubs at our level, but he really has proven his pedigree in League 2 over the years, and would be quite a signing for us.  Hell, if he'd consider Oldham, then surely we could afford his wages too!
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 14:15:18 »

Yes, yes yes and yes. We'll have a bit of that.

The only problem might be his prefernce for staying up north (crazy fool) - the exact opposite of SSP.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 14:24:55 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Yes, yes yes and yes. We'll have a bit of that.

The only problem might be his prefernce for staying up north (crazy fool) - the exact opposite of SSP.

Perhaps we could somehow pool their collective unwillingness to work past Watford and use some sort of voodoo magic to transfer said willingnesses from one to the other, meaning Beckett can come play for us.

If only we knew a witch doctor - perhaps Glenn Hoddle can put us in touch with one.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 14:46:00 »

Heard this rumour a few months ago.Sheffield Utd were apparently offering us 150 grand and Luke Beckett.I think it would be a good deal,as beckett  would be a good replacement for SSP.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 14:48:41 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Heard this rumour a few months ago.Sheffield Utd were apparently offering us 150 grand and Luke Beckett.I think it would be a good deal,as beckett  would be a good replacement for SSP.

Unfortunately that would mean he would essentially cost us about 200 grand, I think 300 - 325 grand plus Beckett would be a good deal for us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: