Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest - Start of the Cull  (Read 3966 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 21:34:05 »

Nottingham Forest manager Gary Megson has released 12 players and placed another five on the transfer list, as he prepares for life in League One.
Eoin Jess, Jon Olav Helde, Andy Impey, Darryl Powell and Chris Doig are among those who will not get new contracts.

David Johnson, Marlon King, Alan Rogers, Adam Nowland and Kevin James have been made available for transfer.

But John Curtis will be offered a new deal by Megson, who said: "The ethos and ethics of the club have to change."

Eoin Jess, Andy Impey??? bit of expierance there. probably passed their best though

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 21:48:47 »

How old is Jess? He's a pretty decent player. Impey as well.

What about Marlon King? He could do a good job for us I reckon.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 21:52:14 »

the ones that are transfer listed will probably get a fee for, plus there is a rumor hes off to leeds

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 21:56:23 »

King and especially Johnson are on big money - We've no chance at all.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 22:02:13 »

true  Sad
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 22:34:21 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
true  Sad

Seems sonicyouth is still living in a fantasy world - probably much like the WoW
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 23:07:57 »

Bit wary about a few of those, big problems with a drinking culture at Forest and it sounds like it's not just a few beers on a Saturday night.

Asher

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 08:39:19 »

Im going up to forest next monday to watch some testimonial think it will be a bit dull due to current climate
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:45:25 »

What on earth is the point in considering any of Forest's players when the reason they are being off loaded is:

A) They are crap

B) They are on silly money

C) Both

Just wondering.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:59:30 »

The sort of Forest players we might consider will be lads who maybe haven't yet appeared in the first team and are being released.....didn't we have one playing in the stiffs recently......maybe someone that Harford has recommended.
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 10:06:46 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The sort of Forest players we might consider will be lads who maybe haven't yet appeared in the first team and are being released.....didn't we have one playing in the stiffs recently......maybe someone that Harford has recommended.

Yeah, A young centre back that I've never heard of.

Nothings been mentioned since that reserve game, can only assume that he's not what we're looking for
Marie

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 11:22:23 »

Watched forest several times this season, impey has looked past it a few times but one good game i have seen him play. Doig probably looks the besta nd within our range and perhaps Powell although he did have a nightmare against local rivals derby and against qpr to be honest (sent off) but looks okay, nothing brilliant though.
Jonno and King already ahve clubs sorted i think and we wouldn't be able to afford them. Plus if we got Jonno you can tell we would play long ball rubbish as he is so small but very fast so can chase the ball..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 11:26:51 »

Jonno?!?  What's this??  Are you not happy with Liverpool and Swindon, now your now calling Forest players by their nicknames, your turning into a bit of a footie club slag Marie.   Wink
Marie

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 11:29:18 »

sorry, David Johnson. No one refers to him as David Johnson its DJ or Jonno so i know him as that. Football Slag, well i can officially say your the first person to call me that!!
I dont support them, just been to watch them 4 times this season, my ex works at the club and coaches for them so i know quite abit about them.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 11:33:58 »

Is your ex Brian Clough?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: