Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I'm Leaving  (Read 4441 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 14:27:47 »

well after a good stint here i think its time for me to leave.

With Wigan's promotion to the premier league i'm going to use the fact that most of my family where born there and that i watched a game in 1992 vs shrewsbury @ springfield park and also Wigans Auto Windscreens victory in the late 90's to become a convert and life long fan. The ground is spacious and there is never a problem getting tickets and with ticket prices at a lovely £16 you can't complain.

I will also create a new website called www.theheinzstand.com if you would like to join me please let me know  Wink

On a lighter note to everyone who doesn't want Wigan to go up. No matter what anyone says, for a team that where playing non-league 27 years ago thats a fantastic achievement.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 14:41:15 »

They have a shite support. The stadium wasn't even full for a promotion deciding match!! pathetic!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 14:46:52 »

This time 10 years ago they had an attendance of 1400. today 16000. you need to get this into perspective, thats a fantastic increase.

The thing most people don't understand is that Wigan is a Rugby League town and it will take years to change that, by being in the premiership thats the first step. If they suddenly got 25000 then they would be called glory supporters and be heckled. Its a no win situation.

Its a fairytale story and far to many people over look that.

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 14:47:50 »

I will also create a new website called www.theheinzstand.com if you would like to join me please let me know  Wink

Oh yeah-we're all closet Wigan fans on here!Remember the play-offs 1987?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 14:48:45 »

Quote from: "Whits"
This time 10 years ago they had an attendance of 1400. today 16000. you need to get this into perspective, thats a fantastic increase.

The thing most people don't understand is that Wigan is a Rugby League town and it will take years to change that, by being in the premiership thats the first step. If they suddenly got 25000 then they would be called glory supporters and be heckled. Its a no win situation.

I think everyone in the world understands that Wigan is a Rugby town!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 14:56:08 »

Quote from: "adje"

Oh yeah-we're all closet Wigan fans on here!Remember the play-offs 1987?

I was 5 then so not really  :?

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Barry Potter

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 14:56:14 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
They have a shite support. The stadium wasn't even full for a promotion deciding match!! pathetic!!

Their support isn't brilliant by 2nd division standards but they've been averaging over 11 thousand this season, which if I'm not mistaken is way above what we ever got in our 2 promotion seasons to the top flight. I don't think we are in any position to knock other teams support! :roll:
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 15:00:06 »

Fair enuff, but it just fucks me off for some people to say that they don't deserve to be in the premiership. It should be about the football and not the money men worried that the average attendance for the premiership will drop.

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 15:08:31 »

Me and Santini and Lloyd are from Wigan - and we used to have a Whippet and my dad wore a flat cap and we like Hollands pies.  

We are true supporters Cheesy
Sussex

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 15:28:34 »

I think you're just doing a runner with the 'Sponsor a player' cash -       nice scam!

We've all been had  :shock:  Wink
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 15:57:57 »

Dont get me wrong Whits-good luck to Wigan I really hope they do well and strike a blow for the small clubs

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 16:09:34 »

Quote from: "Barry Potter"

Their support isn't brilliant by 2nd division standards but they've been averaging over 11 thousand this season, which if I'm not mistaken is way above what we ever got in our 2 promotion seasons to the top flight. I don't think we are in any position to knock other teams support! :roll:

11k, that's not great is it? Tickets are £16 to see a promotion winning side. I thought we averaged about 12k in our promotion winning side to the premier??

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 16:10:34 »

Fair enuff, but it just fucks me off for some people to say that they don't deserve to be in the premiership. It should be about the football and not the money men worried that the average attendance for the premiership will drop.

I am not knocking the team, of course they deserve to be in the Premiership!!

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 16:16:19 »

No disrespect to the players for winning the games and of course the hardcore fans, but you have to admit that Wigan have bought their way up the leagues recently. With no money from Mr JJB where would they have been?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 09:08:47 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
No disrespect to the players for winning the games and of course the hardcore fans, but you have to admit that Wigan have bought their way up the leagues recently. With no money from Mr JJB where would they have been?

But you have to in order to get to the premiere league. I'd be delighted to be able to buy our way into League 1.

Its all about the money now. You aren't going anywhere with no money unless you are extremely lucky.

They have rubbish support which will no doubt be different in the prem. So what. They earned it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: