Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas  (Read 25926 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:30:50 »

It's individual error which is costing us....tinkering with systems is all very well but we've a number of players who are just not very good.

Improving them, if possible, is like the alchemists search for  the key to transmuting base metal to gold.

This is the kind of thing you'd hope MM might be good at....
Lumps

« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:34:59 »

I also think that with 451 we'll end up losing width. With the midfield playing a narrow three and the wide players expected to break into three up when we're in possession, I can imagine that three up ending up very narrow as well. It seems to happen to every other side. Even a player like SWP at Chelsea, who naturally plays with chalk on his boots seems to drift in when he's in that fluid 451/433 formation and doesn't have a player inside him to force him wide.

That wouldn't be so bad if we had full backs who could get up and down to provide that width, and maybe with Casal and Amawanka(sic) we might have that, but they're not fit at the moment and I can't see Aljofree and Smith filling those roles.
Spencer_White

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 13:16:13 »

I disagree about not panicking now though. Weve got to do something.

Its very likely we'll lose on saturday which will mean 4 defeats from 5. If Hereford then beat us we could go bottom of the league.

Cant believe we payed so much money for Casal, I was saying the exact same thing about McNamee and look at him now. But Reg, I still think the front 6 is decent (apart from JPM on his off days). Defence is a bit of a worry. But overrall I think its the players focus/determination/attitude on the pitch that is the problem.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 13:20:59 »

Disagree about casal i feel sorry for him really as he has been having to cover aljofree and morrison for the games he has played.

I hope for malpas sake we turn the corner because as i stated if we carry on and not win many games the boards hand may be forced by the amount of people not signing up for the second half of the season ticket
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 18:56:13 »

Disagree about casal i feel sorry for him really as he has been having to cover aljofree and morrison for the games he has played.

I hope for malpas sake we turn the corner because as i stated if we carry on and not win many games the boards hand may be forced by the amount of people not signing up for the second half of the season ticket

Agree about Casal there Don.
sonic youth

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:24:03 »

disappointed that a large number of our fans booed the side off at half-time today away from home after what was a dull, not poor, performance.

malpas seems to have the knack of getting the side to improve in the second half.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:28:14 »

if we could sort out out 1st halfs we'd be sorted

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:29:28 »

disappointed that a large number of our fans booed the side off at half-time today away from home after what was a dull, not poor, performance.

malpas seems to have the knack of getting the side to improve in the second half.

Without being there, I'd say it did well today - he made changes and we won. That's good in my book.

I'm enjoying reading Moocamp at the moment Smiley
JPC82

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:37:25 »

thought we was very poor, as were MK, Easton on the right still doesnt work for me, altho he won the pen, he offers no width and everything tries to go down the left and as we know away from home McNamee hardly gets a kick, Marshall looked very impressive again. Hopefully all the people who knock Brez will take note of Smiths howler today, totally missed the corner!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:48:16 »

...but made 3 really good saves.

Malpas got it spot on today. Franchise took off a defender and added an attacking player when they were on top. Most managers away from home would have thrown McGovern on and gone 4-5-1 to see the game on.

Malpas didnt and threw on Marshall whos pace and directness caused them problems stretched the 3 defends and won us the game.
JPC82

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:50:01 »

im not saying he was shite DV, just it seems when a player is out the team everyone seems to think they are brilliant and are faultless, smith comes in and like brez made a howler
JPC82

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:50:33 »

bot for what its worth id still be starting with Brezovan
Rich Pullen

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 18:51:58 »

Smith is not faultless but Brezovan has been pretty poor thus far this season. IMO.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 19:32:40 »

We were not very poor at all today.  Away from home we worked hard and got the result and showed some real positives in the 2nd half.  How Smith can have so much criticism amazes me!  If it wasn't for him we would have lost that game by 2 or 3 goals.  We are league one, mistakes are going to be made, any player who is consistently good at this level won't be at this level on a long term basis.

For god sake we beat the franchise away from home, certainly not the easiest away game we will have this season.  Just enjoy it and stop trying to find little faults!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 19:38:42 »

Just enjoy it and stop trying to find little faults!
Well said. I think some people look at things too closely and are overly critical as a result instead of just enjoying the moment.

The first half was utterly dire though (for both teams)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: