Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4th Test Thread (previously Squad for 4th Test)  (Read 14877 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 15:24:23 »

What collapse? Cool

Yer man Freddie won it with a cool six Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 15:30:59 »

Always better to win than lose...but a bit of an anticlimax...can't help but think Miller and co lost us this series, the Saffas aren't that good.

Next up (ignoring one dayers) 2 tests in India...will Harmy travel, will Bell boy keep a place at 3, is Rashid ready or will Swann play in tests?  I fucking love cricket me.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 15:49:17 »

Didn't Swann get a five 'fer yesterday?
sonic youth

« Reply #78 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 15:50:09 »

kp as second spin option?

rashid can bat a bit though
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 15:52:58 »

Didn't Swann get a five 'fer yesterday?

In answer to my own question, no he didn't. He got 4-35 from 8 which is just as respectable but still couldn't prevent Notts from losing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 16:18:06 »

In answer to my own question, no he didn't. He got 4-35 from 8 which is just as respectable but still couldn't prevent Notts from losing.

Swann's effort was against teh might of Somerset, but a one-dayer. He's decent enough at this but not sure about the longer game.

After Edgbaston, the word seems to be that Monty is on borrowed time, poor battting and fielding not bailed out by good enough bowling on a helpful pitch.

Swann and Rashid might be an interesting combo...we'd have the longest batting line up in Test teams.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 19:08:54 »

I'd take Rashid. Fuck Swan he's getting on now and he's had plenty a chance. We need to look to the future.

If the selectors axe Monty they are simply deluded. He's the best spinner we have had for a long time. At least he takes wickets. On the sub continent he'll do very well.

Nothing surprises me anymore though. I expect the selectors will fuck the whole tour up for us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 19:17:41 »

I'd take Rashid. Fuck Swan he's getting on now and he's had plenty a chance. We need to look to the future.

If the selectors axe Monty they are simply deluded. He's the best spinner we have had for a long time. At least he takes wickets. On the sub continent he'll do very well.

Nothing surprises me anymore though. I expect the selectors will fuck the whole tour up for us.

TBF Swann is 29...no age for a spinner, last time in India we took Sean Udal who was 36/37.  Monty was poor in Sri Lanka....its usual to play a couple of spinners in India. Monty will play, but as he's nothing else to fall back on his bowling comes under pressure. He needs a good couple of games.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 19:32:36 »

Monty does take wickets though Reg. Don't forget this summer it's hardly been a spinners dream with the weather and all. I'm sick of Swan. If he was that good he's have been in the side 8 years ago and still in it now but he isn't.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 19:56:21 »

Monty does take wickets though Reg. Don't forget this summer it's hardly been a spinners dream with the weather and all. I'm sick of Swan. If he was that good he's have been in the side 8 years ago and still in it now but he isn't.

All true, but there just isn't a decent second spinner available, so it's best of a bad job.

In recent years we've taken the likes of Richard Dawson and Martyn Ball, as well as the veteran Udal.

Watching Warks on box t'other night, they've now got Ian Salisbury. How frustrating was he? Something like 850 fc wickets....bowls sharp spinning leg break, googly and top spinner, but still bowls a 4 ball an over.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 20:06:32 »

Mendis doesn't happen to have an English twin does he?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, August 11, 2008, 20:08:43 »

Rashid is a wristy isn't he? Would be interesting seeing him out there.

Steven Davies scored a tonne the other day as well in a pro 40 game for Worcestershire, which will no doubt catch the attention of the selectors now that Ambrose is injured.

Though having said that Prior is in as backstop for the one day series isn't he.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: