Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FAO JOHN PAUL MCGOVERN  (Read 6897 times)
Run_the_bath

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:45:27 »

The decision to bring on marshall for timlin really frustrated me earlier. I thought a straight swap for easton would have been the best bet. Rather than throwing marshall (Football league debutant away from home and 1 nil down) into the mix. Just wanted to point out i thought it was a piss poor decision (in my opinion)
JPC82

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:48:42 »

The decision to bring on marshall for timlin really frustrated me earlier. I thought a straight swap for easton would have been the best bet. Rather than throwing marshall (Football league debutant away from home and 1 nil down) into the mix. Just wanted to point out i thought it was a piss poor decision (in my opinion)

i agree with Malpas to put Marshall on, we was playing 10 men, get a natural wide man on the right, we had one on the left then we could stretch the game, im not saying i agree with jpm in the middle ahead of eastie tho
the goat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:51:41 »

Cool
Robins Nest

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 21:05:18 »

JP really disappointed me today.  Anyone else see him getting a bit stroppy at the final whistle towards some town fans?  Appeared to mouth something along the lines of "wanker" toward them.

Im not however saying he was the worst as several played badly today.

Not sure what game you were watching  as Mcgovern put in a shitful of chances but Coxy and Peacock werent on form today. As for our defence it was poor on the day. McGovern got rattled because as usual our shit fans were shouting dogs abuse at him and he does seem to be the scapegoat. Mcgovern doesnt make the decision where he plays.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 00:51:46 »

to be fair if JPM did call some of our fans wankers, pricks or twats then he is pretty much spot on.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 07:30:24 »

Not sure what game you were watching  as Mcgovern put in a shitful of chances but Coxy and Peacock werent on form today. As for our defence it was poor on the day. McGovern got rattled because as usual our shit fans were shouting dogs abuse at him and he does seem to be the scapegoat. Mcgovern doesnt make the decision where he plays.

I think you'll find that "JP disappointed me today" was an opinion, hence the word 'me' used in my sentence.  My post hardly reflects what game I was watching does it.  Everyone has opinions, most of which different.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 08:52:50 »

JPM was pretty good yesterday tbf. A lot better than most of our players anyway.
Panda Paws

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:12:10 »

It just goes to show how reputations can protect players from abuse etc because Mcgovern created more than Macnamee, who again away from home was ineffective. I thought the majority of the team were pretty poor, including Mcgovern, but the behaviour of some of our fans towards him at the end of the game was shocking.

Equally shocking was Malpas decision to play him in the middle over Easton, one of our most consistent players last year.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:13:42 »

mcnamees crosses were better than mcgoverns, we just never game the ball to him! cheltenham doubled up on him and we didnt take advantage of that fact

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:17:17 »

mcnamees crosses were better than mcgoverns, we just never game the ball to him! cheltenham doubled up on him and we didnt take advantage of that fact

Let's face it, the quality on crosses, corners, free kicks yesterday was little better than Blue Square South standard.

What do these fellas do all week? Sure isn't working on basic skills.
Panda Paws

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:35:51 »

But if Cheltenham can figure it out and double up on him therefore nulifying him, so can every other team in this league, and we don't, even at home, use the fact that he's being doubled up on to our advantage. Casal isn't encouraged to get round him.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:59:30 »

Let's face it, the quality on crosses, corners, free kicks yesterday was little better than Blue Square South standard.

What do these fellas do all week?
Sure isn't working on basic skills.
Practice cringe-worthy goal celebrations, and there won't be much need for those if they carry on like yesterday.  Roll Eyes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 12:02:24 »

Practice cringe-worthy goal celebrations, and there won't be much need for those if they carry on like yesterday.  Roll Eyes

Good point....
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:45:10 »

I wish Malpas would get it into his head that you play players in their best positions
and when making a change,it doesn't matter if the player has been good,bad or indifferent,
you're making a change to chase the game or to close the game down.

Yesterday should have seen Marshall on for JPM and Easton for Timlin.Some Cheltenham fans
reckoned that MM was seen eating chips in the dugout during the game.What's that all about  Huh?

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:46:23 »

haha ace Cool

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: