Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Peacock  (Read 6933 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 19:33:34 »

More importantly, my mate who was with me today swears blind he talked to him in town last night at 3 AM. If that's true, that's shockingly unprofessional.

I very much doubt thats true.  Where Peacock might not have what it takes anymore, hes not stupid and I believe hes pretty diciplined from what ive heard about him.

More to the point, how was your mate sober enough at 3am to remember correctly?
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 19:39:04 by STFCLady » Logged
the goat

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 19:38:03 »

nice bloke gives his all completly overrated
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 23:57:12 »

Likes a drink even more than Robbo did doesn't he?

That's not to say he was out last night though.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 00:15:15 »

I'm afraid I think Peacock's time is up here... He offered very little today.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 00:45:59 »

Malpas has in my opinion fucked up by moving him back in as a striker.

When Peacock plays upfront we just lump it to him all the time and him and Simon Cox dont play well with each other.

Peacock is a better midfield and think today we missed a battler in midfield. Last season was the opposite, we had two battlers in Easton and Peacock but no ball players (not that Easton and Peacock cant play the ball) where as today we has Nails and Timlin two ball players when we needed a battler.

Cheltenham won pretty much every ariel battle in midfield.

I think in Midfield you need a ball player and a battler....so it has to be one of Easton or Peacock along side one of Timlin or Nalis. Espically for games like today when you have to battle in order to earn the right to play football.

Tranmere didnt challenge us so it all went smoothly. I know it was the end of the season and alot of teams had nothing to play for but we looked our best with Timlin in along side one of Peacock and Easton.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 08:54:13 »

I'm afraid I think Peacock's time is up here... He offered very little today.

Agreed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 09:20:37 »

Peacock doesn't offer enough up front imo. Though I thought we could have used someone like him in the middle yesterday.

As for seeing him out in town - I've seen him out loads but usually after a game and in fairness he's been pretty sober.
sonic youth

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 09:36:56 »

stick him in at centre-half, got to be better than aljofree surely?
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:34:12 »

stick him in at centre-half, got to be better than aljofree surely?

Funnily enough,Sturrock thought that he might one day end up at Centre Half.Andy Rowland
in the 80's made a similar transition.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:36:12 »

Cant help but think this is a massive over reaction thread.

/
W56196272
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 19:51:21 »

exasctly. he was "brillaint" up front in pre-season, and is now rubbish? how does that work

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 20:19:12 »

Funnily enough,Sturrock thought that he might one day end up at Centre Half.Andy Rowland
in the 80's made a similar transition.

Indeed he did, there's been a few who made that journey...I caught the legendary Maurice Owen right at the end of his career when he was playing full back, he'd gone from prolific centre forward to centre half, then to right back.

If you watch the 6 days to Saturday documentary...it's Maurice who was dishing out the wages which was the season after he finished.

Later he did a spot of coaching and was groundsman for a bit.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 20:29:55 »

Great player was Owen...as for Peacock hasnt done the biz for us,to be fair to him hes had injuries but that seems to be the age old story....like Roberts they both look the part but thats about it most matches.I think both of these will be off at the seasons end.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 18, 2008, 10:56:24 »

I very much doubt thats true.  Where Peacock might not have what it takes anymore, hes not stupid and I believe hes pretty diciplined from what ive heard about him.

More to the point, how was your mate sober enough at 3am to remember correctly?

Theres a bouncer at the Apartment who has black hair and the same tattoos as Lee P - I think he secrely wants to be him - either that or he has a bit of a man crush - I know Lee hasnt got black hair any more but maybe it was the bouncer he saw?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 18, 2008, 11:07:38 »

exasctly. he was "brilliant" up front in pre-season, and is now rubbish? how does that work

I think that's the problem here dave, Peacock has never been brilliant (no matter what position he played) and he's not completely crap either, he's a very mediocre player, a plodder.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: