Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ben Joyce  (Read 3636 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 21:49:14 »

The Boston site...

anyway it's irrelevant really, he isn't home-grown talent but I think he could be one of the better ones from the youth setup. Looks like we're getting a few decent players from it.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 21:50:13 »

I can see Joyce coming into the fray sooner rather than later. Did well tonight.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 22:35:33 »

I think we can see why AF got them signed up, as every time one steps up they do well, someone has a good eye.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 09:16:17 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2417666.0.another_reason_to_rejoyce.php

It was Plymouth then...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 09:47:28 »

He will obviously play some part saturday then he came on after half hour and got subbed so i would imagine he is on the bench for saturday. i like the way he drops short allowing midfielders to bomb forward. this is what paynter tries doing when he should be in the box
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 13:52:22 »

Joyce had a good game last night, and as was said by somebody else, if Cox is out for a match it'd be worth playing Joyce with a target man next to him. Not sure Cox and Joyce would work as a partnership though
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 15:47:31 »

Not sure about that, as the tendency in L1 is for two big brutes at the back, two smaller forwards with pace, would cause them problems, as the high long ball would be dropped in favour of through passes, therfore negating aforementioned brutes.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 15:57:50 »

At times it might work, Sturrock and Cox ran the arses of Nott Forsets back 4 last season, as they were given the right service. 

At other times though when the rest of the team isnt playing that well we will need to rely on old fashoned brute force, not midget hoofball
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 16:00:14 »

Forest were awful against us weren't they, all of 'em crap.  Must have been one hell of an off day for them.  Good ol' CC, he knows where he's still loved.
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 18:01:50 »

Not sure about that, as the tendency in L1 is for two big brutes at the back, two smaller forwards with pace, would cause them problems, as the high long ball would be dropped in favour of through passes, therfore negating aforementioned brutes.

I couldnt ever see Thorpe and Cureton working.

Wasnt it Sturrock and Paynter that ran the socks off Forest?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 18:13:58 »

That's relying on our defence to avoid the hoofball...not likely!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: