Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luggy's return  (Read 14706 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 06:44:08 »

I couldn't give a toss about Sturrock not being there last night, to me it's an example of the regard he holds Swindon Town and its fans in.

Shame about the tean muff sent though, although it was still entertaining imo.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 07:29:56 »

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^

Also, don't you just love it when you watch 5 minutes of the game and then have to mercy dash home just in time to puke your guts up down the toilet. Thanks for the stomache bug Batch Jr.

Who stood out in the game?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 07:40:44 »

Quote of the night goes to Joe, just turned 6 and attending only his second evening game - 10 minutes from the end, he's clearly flagging and tired. "Are you all right Joe?" "No, Daddy I'm completely fed up", "Do you want to go now then?" (in outraged tone) "No, Daddy, I'm staying till the end". Already knows what it is to be a Town fan - totally fed up, but determined to stick it out. I was so proud.

Superb!  You've done a great job there, Paul.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 07:48:03 »

It was annoying having to watch a muff youth team as well....

Was was Mcnamee played on the right hand side in the 1st half thuoght that a bit strange..although he done well with J Smith
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 07:53:09 »

Nallis still looks a bit poo to me. Joyce was good although a little over-eager. jerel was quality, dealt with everything. Macnamee was entertaining but I think he either needs to get more ball or drop inside to collect it as he was under-used tonight. Will Evans looked solid after a slightly shaky start.

MOM was Paynter in the second half, so many good headers I lost count, Joyce played well off them. Kennedy looked good on the left when he got his confidence up although I worry about his strength on the ball. Smith in goal was good, I'd honestly start with him over Brez.

JP had a reasonable half, better than most of last season.

My ideal starting line up on Saturday would be:

Smith,
Ifil, Kanyuke, Smith, Aljofree / vincent / kennedy (cop out i know)
Timlin, Easton, Macnamee, JPM
Paynter, Cox
paynter is paid to score and missed two sitters again
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 07:53:51 »

Aljofree at left back was a bit good. Eliminated the risk when he bombs forward, and looked very good. Would also allow us to play Ifil and Kanyuke in the center together. Callum Kennedy and Ben Joyce were outstanding, Kennedy was steady at left back, but when he moved to the wing at half time he came alive. Chris Allen was pretty good as well. Quite excited about this year, although i usually am at the start of the season, I'm sure it'll wear off in a few games.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 13:41:16 »

paynter is paid to score and missed two sitters again
I think you've just taken axs' slightly blinkered view and contrasted it with your own. You both have valid points though. Paynter had a good game on the whole but really should have had atleast one more goal.

McNamee was pretty good but I was a bit pissed off that he got a huge round of applause for doing a few stepovers then playing a shite cross over everybody's head. Joyce looked good - he was always getting into good positions and I'd like to see him get some more first team game-time soon.
Can't really comment on the keepers as neither was tested much. Oh, and what was going on with JPM? He actually looked interested! A decent performance from him, perhaps a result of the talk about Kevin Betsy - hopefully he'll continue that in the league.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 14:04:27 »

McNamee was pretty good but I was a bit pissed off that he got a huge round of applause for doing a few stepovers then playing a shite cross over everybody's head.

See I don't agree with this point of view.  Up watching Hibs on Sat made me realise how good it is to see players trying things.  Shiels was running his heart out playing some lovely balls throught the boro defence. 

I see McNamee's step overs as the same, he's trying to beat the man, okay so his final ball may have been shocking, but me applauding his attempt shows encouragement, and hopefully him hearing the crowd not get on his back for a shite final ball, but applaud his previous work will make him attempt it again, next time his final ball maybe a killer.

That's what support is, try focussing on the positives for a change.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 14:05:58 »

did you go with Johnno R4E? I spoke to him about it earlier
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 14:11:06 »

See I don't agree with this point of view.  Up watching Hibs on Sat made me realise how good it is to see players trying things.  Shiels was running his heart out playing some lovely balls throught the boro defence. 

I see McNamee's step overs as the same, he's trying to beat the man, okay so his final ball may have been shocking, but me applauding his attempt shows encouragement, and hopefully him hearing the crowd not get on his back for a shite final ball, but applaud his previous work will make him attempt it again, next time his final ball maybe a killer.

That's what support is, try focussing on the positives for a change.

You're exactly right there JA, one of the reasons why English football lags behind say Spain, is that skill with the ball is driven out of players from a young age, not only by coaches but by crowds, who want to see a bit of blood and guts stuff.

Players like McManatee, can only perform if encouraged....it probably will only take a couple of home defeats before some are on his case.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 15:01:07 »

It one of those aspects of town fans that frustrate me.  Sometimes I'll give a player a "well done" as it were even if their pass goes straight to the opposition centre half, because you could see what our player was trying to do.  Obviously if said player then does exactly same thing time after time then you can say come on fella, that ain't gonna work.

But (and I don't want to go on about this) at Hibs the fans do have a different get behind the lads spirit, the fans don't just turn up and sit back waiting to be entertained they involve themselves in getting behind the team.  Wish the CG regulars were a bit more like that!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 15:09:18 »

Some fans offer very good support that can insire their players.  Ours offer very good support AFTER being inspired by our players.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 15:15:00 »

But we all clap out of time, is that not good enough?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 15:18:09 »

I would agree with that Colin!
Dozno9

« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 15:24:57 »

I agree. Our players are not going to make that killer pass each time, get a shot on target each time, get the cross in perfectly. If they did they wouldn't be playing for us. You can appreciate the vision of the players and the effort they put in without the need to slate them everytime they cock it up. At times I do wonder what some of our fans expect when they turn up for a game, you aint gonna get premiership quality. I just want effort and hard work.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: