Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vaughan to step down/be pushed  (Read 10860 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:08:41 »

No squad announced yet, Vaughan's getting teary and doing an Oscar speech.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:09:08 »

Taking a break from the game, not playing at the Oval, finish season with Yorkshire.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:09:21 »

Live feed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7539433.stm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:10:52 »

its on SSN as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:17:20 »

No announcement on replacement or squad.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:22:55 »

Ah well. It was time for him to go, he had a pretty good record overall and won us the Ashes of course. If it is KP to take over then it has to be said that he is one of the most dedicated and hardest working players in the team, and hopefully can inspire the players in much the same way as Ponting does for Australia. Speaking of KP, I thought it was a bit of a joke to see Aggers getting stuck in to KP for getting out on 94, when it was the batting up to 94 that made the 3rd test a contest in the first place. Hey ho.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:26:54 »

Colly stepped down as one day captain.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:28:31 »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Oh fuck, this is leading to KP is both forms of the game.
dell boy

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:38:27 »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Oh fuck, this is leading to KP is both forms of the game.

Have they announced the captaincy yet?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:43:23 »

Tomorrow with 4th test squad
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 12:49:20 »

KP's desire to play in the IPL may turn out to be a significant factor in the decision making process?
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 13:28:12 »

I don't think having Pietersen as captain would be a good thing as his batting would suffer.

fair play to Vaughan though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 13:30:58 »

I thought that was a very genuine press conference he did there. It is absolutely the right time, and fair play for having the courage to do it now. He will go down as a great England captain so he can hold his head up high. These rumours of an England dressing room clique have been around since after the Ashes win. Giles should go too and then we have a hope of finally getting a clean slate.

As regards Colly, bit more suprised and gutted about that one. He leads by example and he's mentally tough. But he's got a real problem with that NZ run out. It showed a real lack of judgement and as he's now banned for 3 more games, someone else might as well do both which is how it should be really.

Theres no way Id pick Strauss because his place shouldnt be safe either. Not enough runs.

If it was Key that would be mental. Its going to be interesting because that would be old v new. Cricket is moving into the football league in terms of money and players like Pietersen and Flintoff do have big ego's. KP needs to wind his neck in a bit because he is becomming a bit of a problem, and he should fucking shut up about the fucking crappy franchise means nothing - IPL!

Its a tough time all round, but its absolutely necessary. To be honest, I dont have a clue who should be captain.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 14:35:35 by Spencer_White » Logged
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 13:58:33 »

He has done a great job as skipper,but think it was time to go and as the selectors weren't prepared to give him the chop he's had to fall on his sword and fair play to the bloke.Wish him all the best and just hope he can regain some of the form he's showed in the past.Still remember the way he got stuck into the Aussies in 02/03,he was amazing.

When Nas stood down there was a obvious replacement,but at the moment there isn't any player who stands out as captain material for various reasons.KP and Fred could/would struggle doing it,Cook is too young and the others just aren't right,Strauss is the only one who'd get my vote at the moment.I'd be shocked if Key came in as he hasn't had a look in with the squad for ages,let alone to come in and captain.Interesting times.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 16:29:14 »

I'll cry if it's KP. That would be our only decent batsman going crap. Great.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: