Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barry Corr  (Read 3359 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 11:42:37 »

If he can stay fit, he could be one of our best players, and would easily get 15-20 in this league, its a very big IF though.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 11:43:01 »

We've never seen a fully match fit Corr play a run of games, so none of us know how good he can be.

He was awesome at Bournemouth away last season, first goal from distance was tremendous, and the second goal he absolutely battered his marker at the back post. That's what I like to see.

I get the impression that he feels like he owes us. Let's just hope he doesn't try too hard.

He had that little run in the team then and got a few goals, I really do think him & Cox upfront with Paynter coming on to replace him will do us a lot of good. Just hope he can stay fit, he works his bollocks off and deserves some good.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 09:17:32 »

Played last night. Looking good. Some of the Hungerford lads were roughing him up a bit so Malpas took him off.

Honestly think he's the best player at the club when he's fit. A whole season of Cox + Corr = STFC promotion season.

To the Boony M tune - Barry, Barry Corr, Barry, Barry Corr, Barry, Barry Corr!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 09:33:49 »

Played last night. Looking good. Some of the Hungerford lads were roughing him up a bit so Malpas took him off.

I think it was only ever going to be 30 minutes, presumably on medical advice (not to rush him back). Williams and David "relax" Byrne were definitely keeping an eye on the stopwatch and took him off at pretty much dead on 30 mins.

Like you say he did well given the massive amount of time he' s spent out.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 09:35:02 »

OS says MM took him off because he was getting roughed up by the Hungerford defenders.
dell boy

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 09:36:13 »

OS says MM took him off because he was getting roughed up by the Hungerford defenders.
I'm sure he will receive many a heavy push in the back from defenders this season.
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 09:48:33 »

He wins a lot of headers, but he doesnt have the sturdiest of frames, so quite often you do see a real impact on his back.

It would be a shame for him to loose that back to goal flick ons part of his game, but I think thats something he might have to avoid.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 10:00:14 »

The thought of a fit Corr partnering Cox for the season is very exciting. He may be a big lad, but Bazza has good footballing ability too.

A Swindon team playing attractive football, an exciting winger, a cultured midfielder and two skillfull forwards? Something's gonna fuck up soon................

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 10:24:58 »

Barry can be a class act for the club, if by any way he can stay fit he is the 20 goals a season striker and perfect target man for Cox.

Fingers crossed big bad bazza.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 10:30:36 »

The thought of a fit Corr partnering Cox for the season is very exciting. He may be a big lad, but Bazza has good footballing ability too.

A Swindon team playing attractive football, an exciting winger, a cultured midfielder and two skillfull forwards? Something's gonna fuck up soon................

The only problem with one exciting winger is that he gets double marked and kicked to shit.

We need another one down the right.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 11:20:07 »

Fair enough. Apologies Spencer. He seemed OK in that respect to me though obviously a little nervous of going in full pelt chllenges.

The only problem with one exciting winger is that he gets double marked and kicked to shit.

We need another one down the right.

Indeed. Same up front too, but hopefully that can come from Corr/Peacock.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: