Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Third Test Thread  (Read 21072 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 21:27:33 »

Strauss for a few years until Cook is ready.

If it goes to Flintoff or KP i'll cry.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 21:35:01 »

Collingwood for me....a fighter and not afraid to say what he feels,think KP will get the nod though.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 06:27:42 »

Should be Strauss.We don't really want to be putting any more pressure on Kp or Freddie and Cook is too young for the moment.Colly was on the verge of being dropped before his century so wouldn't make any sense to make him skipper.

Of course its all presuming Vaughan gets dropped[which i doubt] I'd love to see Shah get a chance in his place,not many other options out there??

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 08:10:43 »

I really hope that this morning Michael Vaughan announces his retirement from International cricket.
He's been a good captain,but his time has passed as a player and he needs to do the honourable thing.
My choice would be Strauss,he'd have the final test at the Oval and then the tour to the West Indies.

We need to rebuild the side,which should have been done after the debacle of the tour to Australia.
There are problems in all areas of the side,but i'd start with the batting and bring in Owais Shah and
Joe Denly.Although he'll probably stay in the side i'm not convinced with Ambrose.Steve Davies (Worcs)
looks a good prospect as a keeper/batsman and i hope he makes the winter tour.

It was interesting to hear Goughie on Five Live's cricket night last thursday.He said that there is a
clique within the England team and as much as he likes him,Vaughan's best mates are Colly and
Ashley Giles (National Selector) and that hasn't helped,when making hard choices about team selections.

Well done to Ramps,you finally got there!

ECB have called a press conference for Sunday 1pm!
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 08:41:08 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
fatbury

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 08:45:09 »

Rob Key to replace Vaughan .. and as captain
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 09:18:20 »

We need to rebuild the side,which should have been done after the debacle of the tour to Australia.
There are problems in all areas of the side,but i'd start with the batting and bring in Owais Shah and
Joe Denly.Although he'll probably stay in the side i'm not convinced with Ambrose.Steve Davies (Worcs)
looks a good prospect as a keeper/batsman and i hope he makes the winter tour.

Shah definitely. Joe Denly has had some decent innings in the county game this season, but then so has Tim Ambrose! I think Denly is worth looking at though as he is someone who could potentially play Test, ODI's and T20 too.

How frustrating is Ian Bell? All the ability in the world and an absolute dream to watch, but constantly doing stupid things to get himself out.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 15:02:14 »

He's fucking shocking. Does he even care anymore? Tbh he's been pretty wank for most of his career bar a few really good summers and a few decent winter tours. Lost the plot after he got the captaincy role and was number 1 in the world rankings.

hahahahahhahahahah

Things get better but they never get good
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 16:24:29 »

So Vaughan has quit then (thank fuck for that) and Colly has quite the one day captaincy as well. So Vaughan won't play at The Oval. Perfect chance to bring someone like Denly in.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 22:06:48 »

My choice would be Strauss,he'd have the final test at the Oval and then the tour to the West Indies.

Well we're going to India at the end of the year so hopefully the captain for the Oval test will be the same for that not just for Windies next Feb!
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:29:43 »

Rob Key to replace Vaughan .. and as captain

Well blow me down, Fatters has finally spoken sense. Take a bow that man.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Lumps

« Reply #115 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 11:43:09 »

If it goes to Flintoff or KP i'll cry.

I'd have some tissues ready if I was you
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 11:48:25 »

I'd go for Eugene from Big Brother 6.  Failing that Ant or Dec, not sure which one though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: