Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Third Test Thread  (Read 21085 times)
dell boy

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 14:28:06 »

How many overs left today?
About 40, and its 93-4 not 98
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 14:54:20 »

We need to get rid of Smith and De Villers pretty sharpish.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 14:57:29 »

Those Saffas aren't liking Flintoff very much are they? Cheesy

Kallis' reaction to his lbw was priceless.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 15:12:50 »

Ramps is on 96 on his quest for the hundredth hundred.

What price him trying a KP?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 16:56:16 »

do tms know something we dont? 100 to get with 5 wickets in hand, and they are still saying we have a chance

Things get better but they never get good
Spencer_White

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 18:29:06 »

Those Saffas aren't liking Flintoff very much are they? Cheesy

Kallis' reaction to his lbw was priceless.

It reminded me of Sean Pollocks reaction when Gough got Donald lbw in the 1997 series clincher. And I thought that they would lose it after that. But unfortunately we are up against a man who is made of some stuff.

It was great (and refreshing) to see England go out and really fight for a test match. We didnt win, but at least we were always in it. Test match cricket needs 3 of these a summer, not just the one.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 18:29:21 »

I suppose we made a game of it, first time I've seen us lose at home to the Saffas since 1965.

Where do we go from here?  Ideal time for a change of captain.
fatbury

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 18:35:11 »

Ideal time to get rid of Moores otherwise we will have the humilation of a defeat in the Carribean
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 18:39:27 »

Ideal time to get rid of Moores otherwise we will have the humilation of a defeat in the Carribean

I wouldn't necessarily disagree....maybe he should be given an opportunity to pick his own captain though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 19:24:05 »

If you mean in the Stanford match, I would love them to lose that.

I want England to win every other game they play in, but if they lost the winner takes all mercenary match, that would amuse me greatly.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 20:48:34 »

It's almost like going back to the dark days of the 90s under Atherton. OK it's not quite that bad but if it carries on it will be. We need change. The only problem is if we don't change now (ie this summer) then it will be too late for next summer's Ashes. There is clearly a problem with selection and Vaughan has clearly now had his time. He's had 3 years since the Ashes triumph of 2005 and he's done nothing since whilst his batting gets worse. Then there is the issue of Moores. Dare i say the Duncan Fletcher days were a lot better than these.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 20:59:54 »

Some chap on radio from a paper reckons Vaughan will resign tomorrow.

I reckon that's just wishful thinking on his part, he didn't sound too keen. I'm mixed, I've grown up with Michael Vaughan being a classy player and captain, but he's just not been the same since he returned from injury really.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 21:06:31 »

Got to be ruthless - Vaughan has got to go, for the sake of both himself and English cricket... His legacy could've/should've been all about the 2005 Ashes but this downward spiral will not be forgotten.

Who should be the next captain? (if Vaughan was to do the right thing here and stand down)
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 21:08:02 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 21:07:50 »

He's fucking shocking. Does he even care anymore? Tbh he's been pretty wank for most of his career bar a few really good summers and a few decent winter tours. Lost the plot after he got the captaincy role and was number 1 in the world rankings.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 21:08:27 »

Got to be ruthless - Vaughan has got to go, for the sake of both himself and English cricket... His legacy could've/should've been all about the 2005 Ashes but it'll this downward spiral will not be forgotten.

Who should be the next captain? (if Vaughan was to do the right thing here and stand down)

Totally agree and that's the next problem. Who the hell should get a go next. I wouldn't choose any of them tbh.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: