Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chippenscum  (Read 12858 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 18:50:22 »

We're looking at defender Casali (or Kasali) Yinaka Casal, 20 played for Fulham and latterly of DC United although he's Nigerian/British born in London.  No idea who the Dutch bloke is though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasali_Yinka_Casal

http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingopinion/archives/Images/Kasall_Casal_2b_2007_05_06.jpg
Dazzza

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 18:53:46 »

He has played in Holland then.  Must be a connection unless my source is:

http://www.davidsbbq.com/store/images/ULTRA%20HOT%20Sauce2.jpg

Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 18:55:29 »

and he's a left sided player so who knows!?!?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:00:37 »

Also....

(Translated from the Dutch site below)

Casali Yinaka Casal is currently on trial in the English Swindon Town, released in the English First Division. According to Broadcasting Fryslan, his club SC Cambuur and Swindon reached an agreement on the transfer of the defender.

Casal However, the technical staff of Swindon still have to convince of his qualities. It hopes the 20-year old player next week for each other.

Casal wore last season sixteen times the shirt of Cambuur. For his time at the Frisians he came out for Fulham and CD United.

http://www.voetbalreport.nl/14992/voetbalnieuws/Swindon_Town_neemt_Casal_op_proef.html
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:07:00 »

Also....

(Translated from the Dutch site below)

Casali Yinaka Casal is currently on trial in the English Swindon Town, released in the English First Division. According to Broadcasting Fryslan, his club SC Cambuur and Swindon reached an agreement on the transfer of the defender.

Casal However, the technical staff of Swindon still have to convince of his qualities. It hopes the 20-year old player next week for each other.

Casal wore last season sixteen times the shirt of Cambuur. For his time at the Frisians he came out for Fulham and CD United.

http://www.voetbalreport.nl/14992/voetbalnieuws/Swindon_Town_neemt_Casal_op_proef.html

M.M needs to ask AF to part with some groats for a long term contract.  From the R.S. interview M.M. gave the impression that Hills had played his last game for Swindon.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:12:35 »

M.M needs to ask AF to part with some groats for a long term contract.  From the R.S. interview M.M. gave the impression that Hills had played his last game for Swindon.

Reading between the lines - that's the impression I got reading the post-match interview.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:13:30 »

First Swindon game this campaign. Was inpressed by Joyce, Timlin and Kanyuka. Not really much else to say really. Thought Hills was pants, We seemed a bit better when Jack Smith came on (I know Smith came on for Amankwaah)! Great day out on the train with my mate and a few beers in the Little George before!
Dazzza

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:15:34 »

Oooh ooh classic bit of trivia here then what is the connection between SC Cambuur and Town?

There is one definate llink and I think there maybe a 2nd, which I'm not sure about.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:17:13 »

Oooh ooh classic bit of trivia here then what is the connection between SC Cambuur and Town?

There is one definate llink and I think there maybe a 2nd, which I'm not sure about.

Andy King isn't it?
Dazzza

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:23:46 »

Andy King isn't it?

Spot on.  The 2nd is a bit tedious and I'm not sure if it's the right bloke but Mark Payne who played a couple of games in the 80's for us I think also played for Cambuur.  Would be interesting to know if it's the same one.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/  has him listed as Indian.  I wonder if he's the first and only Indian player for Town.

alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:29:30 »

Judging from this DC Utd report last year,you can see similarities with Charlie Mulgrew - young,quick,
athletic,good crosser,but work on his defensive side to be done.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Casal is off to a fast start

Originally published 12:02 a.m., May 16, 2007, updated 12:00 a.m., May 16, 2007

D.C. United midfielder Kasali Yinka Casal already has shown a knack for making plays.

In United's season-opening loss at the Colorado Rapids, the British-born 19-year-old came off the bench to set up Luciano Emilio's goal with a fine cross from the left flank. And in United's last game, a 2-1 home win against Chivas USA on May 6, Casal won a vital penalty kick that Jamie Moreno converted.

"I wanted to come here and establish myself and make myself a better player," Casal said. "It's always a good feeling to come on and make a difference."

On a team that has struggled offensively for the better part of five games, coach Tom Soehn has not been afraid to dig deep into his bench, meaning the speedy Casal is likely to see more action as the season progresses, including when United visits Toronto FC on Saturday.

"Offensively, he's got a lot of talent," Soehn said. "The side he still has to adapt to is the defensive side."

Added midfielder Brian Carroll: "He's been dangerous at times on the flanks with his speed and his ability to cross the ball. ... I think he has surprised defenders with his speed."

Raised in the Hammersmith area of London, Casal followed his older brothers and ran track when he was younger. At 16, he joined the youth academy at the local English Premier League team, Fulham FC. He played with Fulham's reserve team for the last two years but was eager for first-team soccer.

With three American players -- Brian McBride, Carlos Bocanegra and Clint Dempsey -- playing at Fulham, Casal thought the United States might be a good place to play.

"Fulham has a good reputation of bringing American players over, so we decided to do it the opposite way around," Casal said. "I'm a young player, and I wasn't getting any first-team football, so my agent got in touch with D.C. and sent some videos. They liked what they saw and got me over straight away."

A midfielder who focuses primarily on scoring goals, Casal still is adapting to playing on the flanks for D.C. United.

"The more work I do defensively, the more minutes I will get," Casal said.

He also knows he has to get used to the summer heat in the District.

"I'm worried because they keep telling me that this [weather] is nothing and it will get much worse," he said.

A dual citizen of England and Nigeria, Casal also is a member of the Nigerian under-20 team that will play in the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada in July. For now though, Casal hopes he can continue having a positive impact for United.

"Right now I'm supposed to be in Nigeria training, but because I've been doing so well here I want to cement my first-team spot," Casal said. "So I don't want to really leave at the moment."

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:50:20 »

this guy sounds promising

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 20:50:17 »

I wonder how long it will be before someone starts a "I'm told we're looking at Kasali Yinka Casal" type thread - not knowing that it's been discussed in the Away Days forum!?!?

On that proverbial piece of paper he's got all the right ingrediants - pace, he's left sided, attacking minded and has a cool name.
Barry Scott

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 23:08:12 »

He's a goal scorer it seems as well, well according to Wikipedia anyway.

I want this guy to play for us.

Quote from: Wikipedia
He had been the leading scorer for Fulham F.C.'s reserve squad for the 2005-06 season...

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 09:40:16 »

Some clips of him playing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: