Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: team for the third test?  (Read 9941 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 15:45:18 »

that's the top 8 that makes sense and isn't some knee-jerk reaction, which most of the teams in this thread are.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you're the cricketing oracle and nobody's allowed a different opinion to you.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 15:49:18 »

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you're the cricketing oracle and nobody's allowed a different opinion to you.

I thought most people's picks were fairly restrained....apart from the odd tweek here and there, nobody has called for wholesale changes.  Bring back the halcyon days of teh late 80's early 90's when we could have 3 different captains in a series, one of whom Chris Cowdrey, only got in because he was the Chairman of Selectors godson.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 15:50:02 »

i didn't say they weren't, just that some of those selection are quite obviously knee-jerk - chris read a proven failure at the top level and scattergun sajid mahmood who has been comfortably outperformed by darren pattinson this year, for starters
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 17:55:38 »

but you said the top 8 were knee jerk reactions
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 18:07:15 »

Quite sad to see Pattinson hung out to dry by Vaughan in the papers today. Why not give something in the way of an explanation as to why he was picked? Bad captaincy there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 18:10:54 »

Quite sad to see Pattinson hung out to dry by Vaughan in the papers today. Why not give something in the way of an explanation as to why he was picked? Bad captaincy there.

Think Vaughan is trying to hang the selectors out to dry.

The Graveney era now looks like some sort of golden age.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 18:16:48 »

I haven't liked Michael Vaughan ever since he started talking about himself in the 3rd person.

Plunkett having a good chuck in the T20 1/4 final...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 18:21:58 »

Plunkett having a good chuck in the T20 1/4 final...

His first over was a funny one - although typical of Twenty20. His first ball was a good'un.

Again, why didn't I go to this? Traffic around Chester-le-Street was chock-a-block! Would've missed a fair chunk of Durham's innings. Still, Boo.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 19:39:00 »

considering how badly we've bowled it would be a tad risky to drop a bowler for collingwood wouldnt it?

Things get better but they never get good
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 19:03:43 »

strauss
cook
vaughan
pietersen
bell
collingwood
flintoff
ambrose

that's the top 8 that makes sense and isn't some knee-jerk reaction, which most of the teams in this thread are.

then panesar

which leaves you needing two seamer - sidebottom will definitely be one if fit.

broad's scoring runs but not taking wickets and anderson hasn't been reliable enough.

shame onions is injured.

so i'd probably say hoggard

Onions cant get in the Durham team even when he is fit, because Harmisson, Pollock and Plunkett are all better than him. As for Vaughan, I think its time for a new captain. England are lacking direction.

Strauss
Cook
Shah
Pieterson
Bell
Flintoff (c)
Mustard
Broad
Sidebottom
Panesar
Harmisson
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 21:22:38 »

errr..... onions can get in durham's team when he's fit.

shame he hasn't been because he's outperformed harmison, plunkett et al (pollock doesn't even play championship cricket) as he always has done and always will do: http://stats.cricinfo.com/durham/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?class=4;id=2008;team=975;type=season
sonic youth

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:06:35 »

no surprise with the squad then, aside from harmison maybe. i'm happy with that but i'm sure boeta will disagree...

MP Vaughan (capt, Yorkshire), AN Cook (Essex), AJ Strauss (Middlesex), KP Pietersen (Hampshire), IR Bell (Warwickshire), PD Collingwood (Durham), A Flintoff (Lancashire), TR Ambrose (wkt, Warwickshire), SCJ Broad (Nottinghamshire), RJ Sidebottom (Nottinghamshire), SJ Harmison (Durham), JM Anderson (Lancashire), MS Panesar (Northamptonshire).
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:12:45 »

Harmison back in the fold again. Great.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 12:33:13 »

Good squad....Harmo should be in that Western really,The good,the bad or downright ugly!...lets hope he comes back hungry.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 18:08:37 »

hahaha makes me laugh all the people slagging off patterson, saying 'ooooh he shouldnt play, hes not really english'. hes more english thank pietersen ffs, and no-one says anything about him anymore

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: