Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why am i always logged in???  (Read 10965 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 08:02:14 »

this morning i clicked on the website at home to find i'm logged in. then i cam into work this morning to also find i'm logged in??!!!

this is strange cos i always log out and even stranger when i'm logged in on two different pc's

what's going on?Huh?

anyone else had this happen

flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 08:12:28 »

Logging out seems to work for me. If I do it close my browser and then come back I'm not logged in.

Maybe something has gone wrong with your cookies. Try deleting the thetownend ones, then when you login click the login button at the top and make sure the "always stay logged in" (or whatever) box isn't clicked.

On the other note, if I've got both my laptop and my computer upstairs set to login themselves then they just override which one is logged in when I use them. I never like to be too far away from the TEF.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 08:31:04 »

cheers ben.

i clicked the login button and didn't realise there is ANOTHER login stage where there was a box ticked saying keep me logged in.

i was much happier when there was only ever one way to log in. so far i've seen 3

so confusing

flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 09:58:28 »

Cheesy
It's still the same way of logging in, well sort of. It's just that the login button gives you a few more options.

You used to be able to log in on the index page of the old forum as well didn't you?
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 11:38:55 by flammableBen » Logged
Lumps

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 11:30:08 »

Errr...

If you've ticked the "log me in automatically when I visit the site" button then every time you visit the site it will log you in. Is that so hard to understand? We had one on the old site you know.

If you're concerned that you're logged in all the time that you're not on the site then you probably worry about whether that light in the fridge goes off when you shut the door as well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 12:29:59 »

I think you should be concerned because someone could quite easily hijack your account and post all manner of things. Not that I have ever done such a devious thing.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 18, 2008, 13:31:54 »

Errr...

If you've ticked the "log me in automatically when I visit the site" button then every time you visit the site it will log you in. Is that so hard to understand? We had one on the old site you know.

really???!!! i never knew that. thanks for the informative reply

If you're concerned that you're logged in all the time that you're not on the site then you probably worry about whether that light in the fridge goes off when you shut the door as well.

in fact i am. what if the light stays on, gets too warm and melts my butter???!!!
it could happen, in fact it may happen. oh how would i know???
maybe i should take out the shelves and sit inside testing it just to be sure. but then once i get out it may not work.
oh look what you've done i'm in a right flap now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prick

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 18, 2008, 13:40:54 »

That's a bit over the top magic.

Why such a big deal about staying logged in though?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 18, 2008, 14:41:00 »

there wasn't a big deal it just threw me as i didn't realise there was a third log in point with this option but a sarcastic remark wasn't required for a simple question

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 20, 2008, 17:11:02 »

So does the light stay on when one closes the fridge door or not then?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 21, 2008, 12:21:03 »

safe
Lumps

« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 21, 2008, 12:45:02 »

there wasn't a big deal it just threw me as i didn't realise there was a third log in point with this option but a sarcastic remark wasn't required for a simple question

Ohhh get you ............. I was only trying to help

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 21, 2008, 14:11:51 »

safe

Safes have lights? I have never seen a light in a safe and so does that mean that it turns on when the door is closed? Confusing!
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 21, 2008, 15:13:00 »

I put my phone camera on a timer and put it in my fridge earlier. The light definitely goes off.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 21, 2008, 15:16:16 »

I put my phone camera on a timer and put it in my fridge earlier. The light definitely goes off.
HMmmm, at the risk of having the piss ripped out of me, why not just push the switch on the side of the door in?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: