Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 3172 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 18:55:53 »

Well a few people had a little chuckle when i suggested a few weeks ago that i would like to see him starting for Town...by all accounts he was outstanding v Steau,and the few times in action last season he was very impressive.I really hope that hes given a chance because i think hes top notch and if he stays fit could be a real find.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 19:00:59 »

Ed Hadwin seems a big fan judging by his tour diary - best thing is to look after him and not sell him to a mid-table Premiership team!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 19:25:29 »

He's huge and i think a lot of people will fear him in this league even though he's inexperienced.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 19:27:47 »

what I've seen of him so far looked good, hope he carries on improving and i hope he gets the opportunities for 1st team action here when the timing is right.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 20:34:31 »

I've only watched him once in an end of season nothing game and maybe the odd youth game but looks a good player.

He looks as strong as an ox and wouldnt get out muscled easily, but best of all when he has the ball at his feet he doesnt panic and hoof it, or just hoof it. He will dribble it out of defence and play the easy pass to the midfielders feet.

...but...I remember Kyle Lapham coming into the first team and playing well for a handful of games and he's ended up at Supermarine, same could be said for David Stroud, that game away at Huddersfield he looked like the best left winger since Ryan Giggs...

On another note Morrison is 10000 times better than Ben Tozer who I thought was pants.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 00:59:24 »

I've only watched him once in an end of season nothing game and maybe the odd youth game but looks a good player.

He looks as strong as an ox and wouldnt get out muscled easily, but best of all when he has the ball at his feet he doesnt panic and hoof it, or just hoof it. He will dribble it out of defence and play the easy pass to the midfielders feet.

...but...I remember Kyle Lapham coming into the first team and playing well for a handful of games and he's ended up at Supermarine, same could be said for David Stroud, that game away at Huddersfield he looked like the best left winger since Ryan Giggs...

On another note Morrison is 10000 times better than Ben Tozer who I thought was pants.
Tozer has got something, but I first saw morrison a year or so ago  and he was superb, unless it goes to his head, or he goes "teeny beer up head" he'll go all the way, i'll bet my hangover on that!
JPC82

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 08:06:46 »

Morrison is better than Tozer no doubt, but Tozer isnt pants, hes captain of Newcastle reserves, hes doing well up there

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 10:41:04 »

i'm more optomistic about morrison than any other youth teamer i've ever seen.
the lad has a big future ahead of him imo.
and tozer isn't pants at all.but i think morrison could be better
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 10:57:37 »

Morrison is better than Tozer no doubt, but Tozer isnt pants, hes captain of Newcastle reserves, hes doing well up there

Tozer is NOT the captain of Newcastle reserves....David Edgar is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 11:02:52 »

sure it aint edgar david?Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 11:19:44 »

Tozer is NOT the captain of Newcastle reserves....David Edgar is.
Are you sure, JPC's knopwledge of the youths is legendary!!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 11:28:29 »

Are you sure, JPC's knopwledge of the youths is legendary!!!

Lick my Arse Orifice yeah one of my best mates is a Newcastle fan and season ticket holder, he says that David Edgar is a much much more talented centre back than Tozer but he admits Tozer has it in him to progress further, I personaly wasnt hugely impressed with Tozer in the 2 games I saw him play for us but hes a big physical bloke and I am sure with good coaching could go quite far.

As for Morrison I have only seen him in the ressys and he looked good, and fucking huge and a good man marker of a big centre forward, dont know what he would be like with a nippy small striker against him, he didnt strike me as being particularly agile, but he may well have progressed, again with good coaching.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JPC82

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 15:33:31 »

Tozer was captain since Edgar was involved in the first team at the end of last season. Tozer was captain and lifted the trophy when they won the reserve league or cup or whatever it was
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 06:17:33 »

Tozer was the worst player on the pitch his first game. Morrison was an absolute credit to us on debut.

I never saw much in Tozer. Great bit of business.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: