Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lions Vs Proteas - First Test  (Read 12145 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 12:51:01 »

What did you think of Lords, Sonic ?

it was great - little bit of an odd atmosphere, very restrained and a little detached from the game at times. considering the weather we were lucky to have a full day's play and saw plenty of wickets, a great catch, a deserved century from prince and even a six(!)

fairly dull day of test cricket though and our seats in the mound stand were possibly the coldest place in england yesterday - good view but it was like a fucking wind tunnel...

this pic sums up the weather:

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/92100/92191.jpg

the saffa's looked very poor though. amla looked lost and almost getting out after he knocked his helmet off summed up his innings; mckenzie was dismissed by a beautiful ball from monty which bowled him round his pads but was looking steady and aside from prince and de villiers was the only man to pose any threat but they always looked certain to follow on.

no chance of losing it from here but at the rate of this morning's session it could end up a draw.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 15:51:15 »

So can Smith and McKenzie bat through a whole day?  Think the only time I can remember this in England was Taylor and Marsh for convicts, circa 89? Think it was Devon Malcolm's debut and he sprayed it around a bit.

I'm hoping this puts the mockers on them.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 15:53:07 »

this is turning into a draw rapidly.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 16:16:27 »

So can Smith and McKenzie bat through a whole day?  Think the only time I can remember this in England was Taylor and Marsh for convicts, circa 89? Think it was Devon Malcolm's debut and he sprayed it around a bit.

I'm hoping this puts the mockers on them.

good shout!

"There have been 22 instances of pairs of batsmen batting throughout the day, but only once in England - Geoff Marsh and Mark Taylor for Australia in 1989"
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 16:29:10 »

Hooray! A wicket! Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 18:38:15 »

What a yawn fest, complete waste of my afternoon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 18:41:15 »

What a yawn fest, complete waste of my afternoon.

I suspected something like this....it was very similar v Sri Lanka a couple of years ago, so I went for a walk.  Definitely made the right decision.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 18:42:25 »

I'm glad I worked today as I would have most certainly watched the coverage in all its glory.

Disappointed but not suprised.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 18:49:05 »

Yet again England blow away a super position.
sonic youth

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 23:19:58 »

not really. aside from ambrose's drop i thought england were more or less faultless today, the saffa's just got all the luck.

i think we'll take a couple of quick wickets tomorrow morning and the saffa's will be all out by tea, leaving us with approximately fifty runs to get by close of play.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 08:21:33 »

good shout!

"There have been 22 instances of pairs of batsmen batting throughout the day, but only once in England - Geoff Marsh and Mark Taylor for Australia in 1989"

I thought Graham Thorpe did it with Nasser Hussein against SA in about '98....I'm wrong, clearly.  Maybe only one of them did it...I'm guessing it was Thorpe.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 16:48:28 »

We don't often win at Lords do we?

I would guess that draws happen there more often than yer average track?
sonic youth

« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 18:07:20 »

seventh draw in a row at lords i believe.

oh well
Scot Munroe

« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 18:10:39 »

last win at lords would have been against Bangladesh in 05. I think it was over at lunch on the 3rd day.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 18:28:07 »

I thought Graham Thorpe did it with Nasser Hussein against SA in about '98....I'm wrong, clearly.  Maybe only one of them did it...I'm guessing it was Thorpe.

You're probably thinking of when Nas and Thorpe put on close to 300 v Convicts in the joyous 1st test at Edgbaston in 97.

Caddy Gough and Devon Malcolm had run through them in the 1st innings and we went on to win...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: