Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mulgrew Rejects Town  (Read 7086 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 16:24:01 »

Important thing is that Malpas is talking to new players already - he doesn't want to play us, so be it. We move on...
lebowski

« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 16:45:40 »

Heard about this at work today. Very disappointed. Reading between the lines on this one, it would appear that Charlie read the Adver forum to get an idea of what Swindon fans are like, and decided he didn't want to play in front of a bunch of fucking imbeciles.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 16:50:24 »

The amount of negativity on the Adver site is incredible - I cannot get my head around some of the statements I've read on there... It is their opinion and they are entitled to it but you just leave that site wondering why they bother - there's always an issue with them.

All teams have these type of fans but it's amazing how they've all assembled on that site - yes, TEF has a few moaners but mostly constructive and logical ones!
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 16:57:34 »

The people on the adver forum are bloody stupid. Thing is clearly the agent has changed his mind due to him agreeing terms etc... ah well we move on!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:04:20 »

The way they go on over there is doing my head in - with attitudes like that you could justify saying Alex Ferguson should have been sacked for not being able to convince Shearer to join Utd all those years ago.  Some people have got to wake up, we're a fucking 3rd division team for crying out loud.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:21:50 »

Good job in my opinion. Not having a dig at Malpas or anything but would it not be more sensible to spend any money on a striker rather than spending money on left-backs. Good strikers who score goals cost money but half-decent left-backs who can provide competition with the half-decent left back we already have can be picked up for nothing. This is League One and good players can be found for practically nothing - look at the example of Nicholas who was free and bangingly good until he took to smashing up cars.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:26:05 »

Rate them or not - Cox, Corr, Paynter, Peacock, Sturrock & Joyce are all under contract. There just isn't enough room for another striker on a full-time basis.

I agree that there are bargins out there - but people like Nicholas were out-of-contract, Mulgrew is under contract.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:29:43 »

I heard he didnt join because we havent sold enough season tickets.

STFC Bart will be a happy man today....
Rich Pullen

« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:44:30 »

I heard he didnt join because we havent sold enough season tickets.

STFC Bart will be a happy man today....

One must ask where is Saint Bartholomew? This is news that he would thrive on discussing.

Fact is alot of people are over reacting.
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:49:58 »

This is a strange one. Mulgrew was the sort of player we were hoping Malpas would sign (Scots Under 21) so it is dissapointing. I wonder if we have played this one a little too much by the book, whereas another club have been talking to the player more directly? It is humiliating for the club that we have now been basically rejected by both Jones and Mulgrew, its unfortunate, these things happen.

Just hope Malpas doesnt read any of the idiot comments on the Adver site. Theres a lot of kids on there who dont have a clue. The least he deserves is to be judged on the pitch. Its worrying that there is this baying hate mob ready to have a go.

End of the day we have just saved ourselves £150k on a player. Because if he was unhappy with the move he would have been mediocre at best most likely. Always did seem a lot when you consider what we got Cox for. Ive always said we should wait until the last week of the transfer window. Just focuses the mind that bit more for these players. Fools on the Adver site are saying we'll be left with the rubbish, thats crap. Weve still got some real good money to spend. Last thing we want to do now is go and spend a stack of money on someone who really is rubbish, just to appease a few kids on lunch break. Still plenty of time.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:53:05 by Spencer_White » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:53:30 »

....and by all accounts Jones fucked us (...and Port Vale around) he didnt reject us as such, we told him where to go...
cib

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:53:54 »

One must ask where is Saint Bartholomew? This is news that he would thrive on discussing.

Fact is alot of people are over reacting.

Excluding the big man for a change
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 18:09:17 »

The people on the adver forum are bloody stupid. Thing is clearly the agent has changed his mind due to him agreeing terms etc... ah well we move on!
There bloody nuts them lot on there sack malpas what the hell for because malpas didnt sign a player for fuck sake retards the lot of them.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 18:56:27 »

Still plenty of time for signings yet i'm not panicking.
shearer

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 21:30:10 »

Alright chaps,

Dont really contribute a lot on here but a keen reader. I have to say I am chuffed that Im not the only one to think what a bunch of complete fuckwits they are on thisis.

That 'RedKen' guy - is he mental ? , talk about a broken record, he doesnt seem to give Malpas a chance about anything.

Also, am I am the only one who finds it amusing the way they will post a totally out of our reach players name and suggest they are worth signing , such as 'Theo Walcott cant get a regular game at Arsenal - he must be worth a shout'

Total MONGS  Angry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: