Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Graham Napier of Essex.  (Read 7977 times)
cib

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 10:48:57 »

and then he took 4 wickets!! Has to be in the England one day squad next time surely!

No
fatbury

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 10:55:03 »

Yeah I saw that Napier isnt included ... but Saj Mahmood (who I thought was awful again last night) IS!!

Too many favourites in this England squad ...

Dawid Malan looks like one for the future too - brilliant performance by Middlesex -- can Kent make it 3 Southern County teams to the semi finals tonight (or tomorrow looking at the weather!)
cib

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 11:12:42 »

Yeah I saw that Napier isnt included ... but Saj Mahmood (who I thought was awful again last night) IS!!

Too many favourites in this England squad ...

Saj Mahmood isn't good enough as we've seen before. But Flintoff will come back into the side provided he stays fit so there is no need for a Napier to be in the squad as well, particularly if you've got Mascarenhas and/or Wright who can give it some tap too albeit not consistently at international level.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 16:22:20 »

I heard Goughie's cricket night on Radio 5 last thursday and he was singing the praises

of Saj Mahmood.Goughie reckoned he was the most improved bowler on the circuit and

had still kept his pace.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 18:45:24 »

Saj is bowling up and over 90mph still. Needs to sort his radar out though.

Thought Joe Denly might have been given a look but he has time on his side.
DMR

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 08:24:38 »

2 weeks in the spotlight doesn't change the fact Napier is shit and generally can't get anywhere near Essex's 4 day side.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 14:23:23 »

2 weeks in the spotlight doesn't change the fact Napier is shit and generally can't get anywhere near Essex's 4 day side.

Might have done enough for a reasonable IPL contract though.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 07:42:27 »

Napier's strength is that he's technically very correct in playing shots through the V arc.

His weakness is that he's very weak against spin.Maybe with the SA pace attack he'd be

worth trying in 20/20  or 50 over games, as he'd have a greater impact.

Malan definately has a touch of class and is one to watch.He scored a very good 60

against SA at Uxbridge in the recent tour match.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 11, 2008, 07:46:37 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 14:49:44 »

I had tickets for last nights game, but had to surrender them due to work... i chose a good time to become a Crusaders fan though (I'm McLovin)

Looking at wangling some finals day tickets now...
But you were something else before you were Mclovin weren't you?Its all sssooo confusing!

I've got a finals ticket,helps that my bloke is a Middlesex member,oh and that he's brilliant of course!

Just left with the big issue of which team we're going to have to face,seeing as the ECB and Yorkshire have managed to make a monumental fuck up with the first quarter final.Why is it all cricket administrators are such a bunch of useless knobs!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 09:10:22 »

BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!! Cloud 9 Banana

Absolutely fantastic day out at the Rose bowl yesterday and what a final,really thought we'd cocked up in the last over when those over throws happened,but Henderson held his nerve and we won,simple as.Still can't believe it Woot Jumping

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 09:59:32 »

Congratulations Larwood,fantastic final and what a finish.With 6 runs needed by Kent,with 3 balls
remaining,you had to fancy them,but sport is unpredictable as Middlesex held their nerves.Couldn't
believe the overthrow saga.What drama  Smiley

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 16:02:11 »

Top game...top entertainment.

Congrats Middlesex.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spud

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 17:16:03 »

I'm still bitter about Kent beating Gloucestershire in last year's final so im glad they lost.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 08:42:37 »

'mon the 'saders...!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 17:28:29 »

Fair play to Middlesex. Really thought Kent would win it again but oh well. Both teams will get a place in the Champions League anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: