Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 62837 times)
magic8ball

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 11:58:40 »

A big name signing might help.

Or any new signing for that matter (and no, Amankwaah doesn't count).
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:05:35 »

I don't think 'big name signings' are the new consortium's way of doing business though.  They clearly want to build steadily from the bottom and take things from there - an approach I completely agree with.  But whether this approach excites 6,000 of our fans to buy a season ticket at the beginning of their first year in charge is another matter.  I also remain hopeful though.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:05:47 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"

absolutely agree.
currently we have little chance of meeting 6000 season ticket sales.
gives me no pleasure in saying that, but it has been obvious all along in my opinion.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:12:02 »

Quote from: "arriba"

absolutely agree.
gives me no pleasure in saying that, but it has been obvious all along in my opinion.

How big does it need to be to have an effect?  

Is there a set £ figure?
magic8ball

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:14:29 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"

absolutely agree.

Is there a set £ figure?

Money doesn't even come into it. Just someone who is capable of improving the current squad would be a good start.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:15:38 »

absolutely agree.

Is there a set £ figure?

Money doesn't even come into it. Just someone who is capable of improving the current squad would be a good start.

Thorpe and Cureton?
magic8ball

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:19:34 »

Equivalents names would do. Lets face it, we were the ones who were shit, not Cureton. Although he is a complete tosser.

And Thorpe was just years past his sell by date.

I understand we can't go out spending big bucks on wages or transfer fees, but some transfer market activity will add numbers to the season ticket sales.

Thats a fact.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:20:49 »

the squad and manager is what alot will be looking at.even with the reductions for tickets that wont be enough as it stands.
over £200 for a season of nothing aint great value for a non regular to stump up.i'm not saying thats what it will be,but alot will see it that way currently.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:21:02 »

I got my 2 today. We're up to 3750 apparently.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 13:21:46 »

the squad and manager is what alot will be looking at.even with the reductions for tickets that wont be enough as it stands.
over £200 for a season of nothing aint great value for a non regular to stump up.i'm not saying thats what it will be,but alot will see it that way currently.

I see it differently. Our team is a lot stronger than at the start of last season, and the club is settled and progressing in general.

The board have already invested big in STFC terms for Cox and Macnamee.

I want us to sign some players as well, but good young players, not just "names" out for a pay day.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 13:33:55 »

Absolutely.  To be honest, if we only hit 5,000 this year, it won't be the end of the world.  With the right set up off the field (which, now that Diamandis is history, we have at last) we'll be moving in the right direction.  We would very possibly get 6,000 season ticket holders for 2009/10, maybe 7,000 for the season after that.

I'd be happy with a steady rise up the ranks.  Confident that after years in the doldrums, things are about to pick up.
McLovin

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:17:34 »

I just find it sad that Port Vale can hit 6000 in a matter of weeks and yet we'll struggle to get that in 3 months. I thought we would have done better.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:23:41 »

I see it differently. Our team is a lot stronger than at the start of last season, and the club is settled and progressing in general.

The board have already invested big in STFC terms for Cox and Macnamee.

I want us to sign some players as well, but good young players, not just "names" out for a pay day.

i agree with you.my comments were regarding non regulars
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:24:25 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
I just find it sad that Port Vale can hit 6000 in a matter of weeks and yet we'll struggle to get that in 3 months. I thought we would have done better.

And that's with a Premiersheip team up the road.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 14:28:50 »

Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
Quote from: "McLovin"

And that's with a Premiersheip team up the road.

Are they not offering them at a much cheaper price though? Although £229 is quite cheap, it's not jaw dropping, headline grabbing cheap is it?

We only stand to save £40 if we reach the target. If they had made it £199, and £299 if we didn't reach the target, it would have encouraged more people who have bought one to persuade those who haven't, and the price is obviously more appealing and newsworthy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: