Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Players turning us down...  (Read 2555 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 12:43:52 »

From the article about Murray in today's adver, it looks like a few players have initially agreed to come, but then chosen not to because they don't want to move. Anyone have any idea who these were?

Also, looks like one player didn't join because his missus didn't want to move. This player should be immediately named and shamed!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 12:45:33 »

Not really Tails, if I was offered a new job in Newcastle as much as I'd like to give it a go, I would have to run it by my girlfriend/fiancé/wife, especially if we had kids.  That's life mate.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 12:53:09 »

Plus there isnt many designer shops or tanning salons or anything so I like totally feel the WAG's pain  Wink
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 14:53:27 »

Quote from: "Tails"
From the article about Murray in today's adver, it looks like a few players have initially agreed to come, but then chosen not to because they don't want to move. Anyone have any idea who these were?

Surely the players should know where in country we are before it even gets that far.  They are therefore either think or twats (or both) and I'm glad we haven't signed any of them...whoever they are (the thick twats).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 16:32:09 »

Quote from: "donkey"
Quote from: "Tails"

Surely the players should know where in country we are before it even gets that far.  They are therefore either think or twats (or both) and I'm glad we haven't signed any of them...whoever they are (the thick twats).

I wouldn't give footballers too much credit, when I lived in Newcastle it was always understood that the only reason Kevin Keegan managed to sign Robert Lee from under Boro's noses was that he persuaded the player that Newcastle was nearer London that Middlesborough!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 18:41:42 »

King In.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 21, 2008, 09:57:48 »

Is this one of the players (from BBC Gossip section):

Swindon have failed to prise defender Scott Cuthbert away from Celtic. (The Sun)

I'll take that with a pinch of salt as its the Sun!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 21, 2008, 10:00:23 »

Quote from: "DerbyRed"

Swindon have failed to prise defender Scott Cuthbert away from Celtic. (The Sun)

He's only 21 - Glasgow to Swindon (for some) is a bit too for a move.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 21, 2008, 17:42:25 »

I think its important to recognise that the current financial climate may also be having an impact on player's willingness to move.

The other problem is that we are fairly remote from the major 'centres of excellence' football wise - by which I mean the clusters of Premiership clubs in London, North West and North East.

Take Oldham as an example. Located in Manchester, so would be a relatively attractive option for any Man Utd/City cast-offs, without the need to move house, uproot family etc. Also, with the exception of London based players, the cost of housing and general standard of living down here is much more expensive (although arguably better) than that up North. All factors to be considered one would think.

Just a thought......
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 21, 2008, 19:33:40 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"
Quote from: "DerbyRed"

He's only 21 - Glasgow to Swindon (for some) is a bit too for a move.

If true, good to see Malpas is looking for players who are at big clubs etc. Celtic, Wolves etc.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 04:35:47 »

Can we all take a minute and remember we are a league 1 club.  Some players just wont come here.

lebowski

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 08:24:21 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Can we all take a minute and remember we are a league 1 club.  Some players just wont come here.

Quite, let's not take it personally.

It may also be indicative of the quality of player that MM is trying to get here, i.e. not yer Chris McPhee's, god bless him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: