Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: W. Indies v Convicts  (Read 4099 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 09:34:50 »

Bastards, I had a bet on the Convicts winning yesterday.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 10:03:21 »

I was watching some of this yesterday and was very impressed by Stuart Clark's range of nervous ticks. Don't seem to stop him bowling well though.

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 10:22:00 »

Quote from: "JanAageisGod"
I was watching some of this yesterday and was very impressed by Stuart Clark's range of nervous ticks. Don't seem to stop him bowling well though.

yeah i know, we were saying about that in the pub last night - bizarre and very funny
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 10:26:53 »

Do you also think he looks a bit like a thunderbird on occasions?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 20:02:38 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Draw in the end....well played Shiv,  about 10 hours batting without getting out.

Boeta as the fount of all cricket knowledge do the Convicts have an up and coming leggie?

to be honest the australians have a real dearth of spinners now that warne, hogg and macgill have all retired in the past 18 months

beau casson is a left arm chinaman - so a leggie - and is the reserve spinner in the squad but his career performances so far say he is a long way from test standard.

the next best spinner in aus after macgill is probably bryce mcgain, who is a leggie. however, he is 35 years old and has played just one season of first-class cricket - but having spent years plying his trade in grade cricket he went very well in his debut season

a couple of years back there was a load of hype about offie dan cullen, but he's failed to live up to it and is battling for a state place let alone a national one.

all in all, other than mcgain the aussie spinners are just kids finding their way in the domestic game

however, they could use clarke as their spinner (if his back can hold) and play a four man pace attack with either noffke or hilfenhaus taking up that role - a very distinct possibility over the next year

I didn't realise Hogg had gone as well.....purveyors of chinaman are distinctly interesting....so lets see if Casson is up to it.  I always liked watching Michael Bevan bowl....can't think Engalnd have ever had a chinaman bowler in my time.....it's always been thought the ball turning to leg is too easy for a right handed.  

I used to like watching Garfield  Sobers, because he could bowl chinaman as well as orthodox left arm spin....can't think why some of our legion of slow left armers haven't been a bit more adventurous.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 22:33:05 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Draw in the end....well played Shiv,  about 10 hours batting without getting out.

Boeta as the fount of all cricket knowledge do the Convicts have an up and coming leggie?

to be honest the australians have a real dearth of spinners now that warne, hogg and macgill have all retired in the past 18 months

beau casson is a left arm chinaman - so a leggie - and is the reserve spinner in the squad but his career performances so far say he is a long way from test standard.

the next best spinner in aus after macgill is probably bryce mcgain, who is a leggie. however, he is 35 years old and has played just one season of first-class cricket - but having spent years plying his trade in grade cricket he went very well in his debut season

a couple of years back there was a load of hype about offie dan cullen, but he's failed to live up to it and is battling for a state place let alone a national one.

all in all, other than mcgain the aussie spinners are just kids finding their way in the domestic game

however, they could use clarke as their spinner (if his back can hold) and play a four man pace attack with either noffke or hilfenhaus taking up that role - a very distinct possibility over the next year

I didn't realise Hogg had gone as well.....purveyors of chinaman are distinctly interesting....so lets see if Casson is up to it.  I always liked watching Michael Bevan bowl....can't think Engalnd have ever had a chinaman bowler in my time.....it's always been thought the ball turning to leg is too easy for a right handed.  

I used to like watching Garfield  Sobers, because he could bowl chinaman as well as orthodox left arm spin....can't think why some of our legion of slow left armers haven't been a bit more adventurous.

monty has bowled a few chinamen in tests

but there's very point in bowling with a completely different action because even you or i could pick that up, it's the subtle variations within your own domain that count
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 06:43:45 »

Fair enough, but I can't help think, that if you've an absolutely flat track by bowling some wrist spin you might get some turn.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 16, 2008, 17:48:03 »

Less than 100 needed for the Windies, 3 wickets left, possible world record chase...could be interesting...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 16, 2008, 17:49:35 »

Bugger, 8 down...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 16, 2008, 21:09:40 »

Quote from: "donkey"
Bugger, 8 down...

Overall an interesting series....but despite being in transition The Convicts still  do it when it matters.

The forthcoming series against SA, is going to give us a better idea of where  we're at, because they've got some seriously good players.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: