Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lord's  (Read 1490 times)
McLovin

« on: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 15:09:33 »

I finally get to see Lord's. Unfortunate that it isn't a test match, or any international for that matter, but Middlesex Vs Sussex T20 (for free) can't be that bad?

Anywho, it doesn't start til 5.30 and i have the day off, so can anyone recommend some watering holes in the area?
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 15:30:20 »

Portman Arms on Edgware Rd or The Windsor Castle a bit further up are excellent. The Taverners bar is alright too but that gets rammed (thats basically the equivalent of the Winners Lounge).

How are you getting there? And I'm a jealous fucker, so you're a cunt.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 15:36:46 »

Strange as it may seem considering i'm a Middlesex fan and so go to Lords often i rarely go to any of the pubs nearby,sorry Dave.We usually rush to the offy that sells DAB round the corner buy a load and catch the action of a 40 over game in the sun.Cheaper option but not very helpful.
I would advise you not to bother with the Lords Tavern pub right at the ground though, expensive,crap and full of posh berks drinking Pimms.On second thoughts it sounds great and i'm sure you'll feel at home Wink

Has to be said we[Middlesex] are doing brilliant in the 20/20 stuff at the moment.Top of the league :shock: Its a local derby as well so should be fun,hope you have a good time Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: