Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Things, they are a changing...  (Read 20818 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 21:34:56 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
What annoyed me is when they kept the caps from bottles of drink but were happy enough to hand me my change, which consisted of coins of similar shape and size, which in turn would do more damage as a missile.

I think the idea is it stops you lobbing a whole bottle of Coke at somebody like Nelson or Angerken, but to be honest at those prices it simply isn't worth it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 21:40:20 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
What annoyed me is when they kept the caps from bottles of drink but were happy enough to hand me my change, which consisted of coins of similar shape and size, which in turn would do more damage as a missile.

I think the idea is it stops you lobbing a whole bottle of Coke at somebody like Nelson or Angerken, but to be honest at those prices it simply isn't worth it.

Save yourself some money and lob a pound coin...............

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 21:43:16 »

Or even a 50p coin....all those edges
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 08:16:40 »

Quote from: "leefer"
Or even a 50p coin....all those edges
nicely filed down into a kind of ninja star

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 08:25:52 »

The whole point of keeping bottle caps is nothing to do with using them as a missile, it's so that when people chuck their empty bottles on the floor if someone stands on one it will crush under their weight rather than roll and break somebody's ankle.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 09:12:25 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
The whole point of keeping bottle caps is nothing to do with using them as a missile, it's so that when people chuck their empty bottles on the floor if someone stands on one it will crush under their weight rather than roll and break somebody's ankle.

genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 09:16:08 »

they do this at wembley - I thought it was more so that people don't fill them up at water fountains for free, rather than queing up for 30 minutes and paying 9 quid for one half the size during the interval.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 09:22:08 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Honest, when I asked that was the explanation I was given.
neville w

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 11:44:05 »

It also dissuades you from peeing in the bottle then using it as a missile
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 11:45:19 »

No it does not
neville w

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 11:48:38 »

Note to self *don't shake hands with anyone at a football match*
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 11:57:36 »

It's to stop you from pouring very tiny amounts of the drink into the upturned cap, and using that cap as a very small cup.  There were over 276 occurances of people doing this and ending up in hospital A&E after swallowing said tiny cup in the 2007-08 season alone.
Barry Scott

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 12:29:11 »

I have a little collection of caps in my kitchen and take caps with me now, such is my annoyance. I really, honestly do. I know I'm a twat and i don't care, but who in their right mind will drink a 500ml bottle of coke in just a few minutes at a cold match? Although at least Sam and Jan have now provided a reason for this stupidity.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 12:35:20 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
I have a little collection of caps in my kitchen and take caps with me now, such is my annoyance

erm, I may have a [cough] friend who might have done that  Oops
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 14:12:10 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "Barry Scott"
I have a little collection of caps in my kitchen and take caps with me now, such is my annoyance

erm, I may have a [cough] friend who might have done that  Oops

I think we may have the same friend  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: