Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: City to make the playoffs?  (Read 3179 times)
Asher

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 24, 2005, 08:51:31 »

Ive got a nasty rash, any ideas?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 24, 2005, 11:41:47 »

if city were to make the play-offs (they won't) it would just go to show how important beating them would have been
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 08:25:41 »

I can't believe Brentford and Bornmuff screwed it up on Saturday.  If I was a City fan I'd be feeling quietly confident.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 23:22:41 »

Bristol City can now officially not make the playoffs! Cheesy  :beers If we hadn't taken four points off them they'd have done it. Unlucky.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 10:46:10 »

yes they can. if hartlepool lose and they win! its still possible for them but only on goal difference and they have to hope the team in 7th also loses. its a tall order for them and they go to sheff wednesday next so its unlickly them getting a result.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 10:58:28 »

Quote from: "Rich"
yes they can. if hartlepool lose and they win! its still possible for them but only on goal difference and they have to hope the team in 7th also loses. its a tall order for them and they go to sheff wednesday next so its unlickly them getting a result.

Yes, but what you are forgetting is that Hartlepool are playing Bournemouth so if Hartlepool lose, Bournemouth win and they are in the play offs. City are screwed either way.  Likewise, if it's a draw Hartlepool will be in the play offs.  You have to look at the fixtures on the last day, not just the points available.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 10:58:51 »

No they can't. Bournemouth are playing Hartlepool. If Bournemouth win they are on 72 points, if Hartlepool win they are 73 points. Maximum Bristol can get is 70 points so they need Bournemouth and Hartlepool to lose, which isnt possible.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 11:00:30 »

Are we clear on this now??

CITY ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 11:55:29 »

oh ok thanx for letting me know that folks. i dont bother looking at the fixture list as its pointless now since our season is well and truly over
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: