Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friday the 13th, Part 2  (Read 1041 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 18:05:34 »

What a shitter this day has turned out to be.  My best mate's wife has been ill for some while, she had a hysterectomy three months ago where they found some cancer as well.  Been having chemo for eight weeks now.  CT scan yesterday - chemo to be stopped, possibly two months to live.  She is 55!!  Fucking devestated!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 18:07:04 »

Fuck me Ronnie i am so sorry to hear that mate.

Everything seems to be shit at the moment

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 18:07:10 »

Sad  shit news dude.cancer is a right cunt alright!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 18:33:27 »

Shit news mate.

Cancer is a cunt.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 19:28:02 »

cancer is indeed a right shit, my dad had cancer of the bladder (well he still does, luckily he's in remmission atm) the only way they could reach it to treat it was to insert a tube up the japs eye... he said he's never felt pain like it.

and my gran passed away february this year at the grand old age of 95, they'd found a cancerous growth in her stomach at the end of january, but it was a secondary cancer, they had no idea where the original cancer was and never found out Sad

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 21:06:24 »

Cancer is indeed a fucker. A girl I work with died from cancer this week, she was only 25 and left a 2 year old son.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 07:46:29 »

Sorry to hear that Ronnie

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 11:00:04 »

Really sorry about that Ronnie.

Don't try and get into the state of mind 'only two months left' because thinking like that will only make everyone around her more miserable and in turn probably grind down the fight in her. Once you get over the initial devastation it will pay well to remain as strong as you can be.

See if there are any alternative drugs available. In the case of my Dad, he'd had Chemo and Radiotherapy and they didn't work. Did a bit of research online and found a drug which wasn't available on the NHS in Swindon but had good results (damned post code lottery). It may have cost a fair bit, but it was worth it, certainly I saw more improvement in him than ever compared to other treatments. After pestering the PCT for a couple of months we managed to get them to pay for the rest too.

My Dad was only given a couple of months but he lived for quite a few more. They were certainly very difficult times but trying to have a positive outlook on his time left not only kept him alive longer, but made him happier too. In fact, on his day of passing he was a happy man, that I'm sure.

Once again I'm sorry about your news. Cancer is quite rightly described as a cunt.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 20:31:55 »

Fuck me Si, that's one helluva good post, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: