Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW FANS GROUP - Name to be decided  (Read 17936 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 17:05:33 »

The rake is a bit garden.....a proper hay rake looks like this

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/tools/gahatofaiwhr.jpg
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 18:40:00 »

how about this then?  Cheesy

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/jjedmunds/newflag3.jpg

Or more of a grimace?  Soapy Tit Wank

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #152 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 21:45:42 »

I'm not sure the badge is really adding anything, it's tiny!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #153 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 09:31:45 »

I sized it as such to be based slightly more towards the actual CCCP flag of the 50/60/70's

http://russianlegacy.com/catalog/images/soviet_collection/flags/FS0088.jpg

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 10:11:03 »

surely the rake needs to go top left to bottom right then? Cheesy just being proper picky Cheesy

STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #155 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 14:37:11 »

After feedback from people, We have decided on the new name for the new fans group. The name will be “The Moonrakers – 100% RED” or if L&P fold at Saturday’s AGM we will be named “The Moonrakers – Loud & Proud” dropping the Red Army part of L&P’s name.

We will be using JJEdmunds flag as the logo with his permission. The main “moon” and “rake” will be the logo of the new group.

More details will be made available on Monday after the L&P AGM. The reason for this is to see whether we have the L&P funds to go forward. We will be setting up a donation system etc as well as a website with a forum. (Should L&P Fold we will use the L&P Site, if not we will branch off of Vital Swindon Town for the time being)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 14:42:02 »

I dont understand what the point of any of this is?

Shrug
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #157 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 14:57:24 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
I dont understand what the point of any of this is?

Shrug

No need to comment then? The ratonale is operating as a fans group etc, wanting people to be involved we want peoples input etc.

If they think the whole things a waste of time we wont bother.

The group shouldn't be just a group of mates really. Due to this L&P stuff we cant say what we are doing yet but ahve plans for a couple of big flags

IE A Don Rogers sillouette flag to surf the Don Rogers stand during the first home game against Tranmere for example

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 15:06:12 »

not having a go but why moonrakers? not something to catch peoples attention imo.
shouldn't an stfc supporters group contain stfc in it somewhere?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 15:08:35 »

I kind of see where CT's coming from, but if Gaz wants to do this then fair play to him.

Personally I still don't see why you're clinging onto the old L&P name etc. Just let it be and start something new. If I were you then I'd just dissolve L&P and have done with it, or if you're not in the position to do that then leave the old commitee to decide what to do amongst themselves. The whole reason L&P failed was because people got a bit too political so surely you don't want to do down that route again?

One final thing, and I'm probably just being picky now, but you keep refering to "we" as in "We have decided on the new name for the new fans group". Who is this "we"? And if you're operating as a true fans group then shouldn't the members decide?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #160 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 15:09:15 »

Quote from: "arriba"
not having a go but why moonrakers? not something to catch peoples attention imo.
shouldn't an stfc supporters group contain stfc in it somewhere?

WE have 100% Red in it... to indicate STFC. Could even be STFC Moonrakers.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 15:10:40 »

Gary, what is the difference of this group, the trust and the supporters club? I might start up a group called swindon town fan then when someone asks who I am I will say 'A Swindo Town Fan' I will sing support attend games but wont have the need to have a supporters group of 20 people.

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 15:11:21 »

i like the 100%red bit gazza. not the rest much
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #163 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 15:16:26 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Gary, what is the difference of this group, the trust and the supporters club? I might start up a group called swindon town fan then when someone asks who I am I will say 'A Swindo Town Fan' I will sing support attend games but wont have the need to have a supporters group of 20 people.

To be honest the new l&p-esque group will hopefuilly be working with the trust. We dont want politics and if we need any help with legalities along the way we can ask the trust etc to assist or provide any advice.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #164 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 15:18:33 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
I kind of see where CT's coming from, but if Gaz wants to do this then fair play to him.

Personally I still don't see why you're clinging onto the old L&P name etc. Just let it be and start something new. If I were you then I'd just dissolve L&P and have done with it, or if you're not in the position to do that then leave the old commitee to decide what to do amongst themselves. The whole reason L&P failed was because people got a bit too political so surely you don't want to do down that route again?

One final thing, and I'm probably just being picky now, but you keep refering to "we" as in "We have decided on the new name for the new fans group". Who is this "we"? And if you're operating as a true fans group then shouldn't the members decide?

"WE" indicates the 4 or 5 people trying to get this going have decided. I have taken feedback. No you cant please everyone which is fair enough.

The L&P name is more about using a recognised name. If the old group dissolves Saturday so does the comittee and everything associated with it,. Plus if we use the L&P name we can just make a few alterations to the website although I would be more than happy to add stories etc to the Vital Swindon Town website and it's all one then. Perhaps the L&P site could just be used as an archive for what was done there??

Plus people who want to eb involved want to keep L&P name even if as a sub-title to carry on "the tradition" (although one season is not really tradition etc....)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: