Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Teachers..  (Read 14549 times)
JPC82

« Reply #75 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 16:01:37 »

Quote from: "tans"
Fishing.

once again you fall for the bait  

:roll: yeah cos i was being deadly serious aswell Tongue
Barry Scott

« Reply #76 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 16:13:38 »

Quote from: "JPC82"
Quote from: "tans"
Fishing.

once again you fall for the bait  

:roll: yeah cos i was being deadly serious aswell Tongue

I think he just was desperate to post the fishing emoticon, because it certainly didn't look like a bite. I think many try to bring up your "private times" with youth teamers in an effort to make you bite, but i do think it's worth their time because it does amuse me. Smiley

I love crazy and stupid school stories, love the one about chucking musical instruments at the window. In science once, we heated up loads of china bowls, to evaporate water and leave salt and were told not to put them in cold water because they shatter.

Being about 13, this was too much to resist and we managed to smash every single one and fucked off the evaporation part. We then threw all the Bunsen Burners and Tripods out the window.

We used to have this ace French French teacher, one day we ripped the tights off some tasty thing in the lesson and the teacher freaked.

I also got floured with a hook to the face by a games teacher. I fucking loved school.

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 16:15:25 »

a hook handed teacher chucked flour over you?
flammableBen

« Reply #78 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 16:16:45 »

I nicked loads of stuff from science and tried to make explosives. If I tried some of that now I'd be arrested for terrorism. Well I wouldn't because I'm white.

Hahaha fooled them. I've secretly converted to islaam.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 16:18:51 »

We had a supply teacher in one day and we told him because we were Year 7's we got to leave school half an hour before everyone else. Mr Purvis was his name, he was a right odd fucker.

Chemistry teacher blew up the class room in a lesson one day, that was hilarious.

Chucked a snowball at the deputy head and it smacked him straight on top of his bald head, i got in shit for that one.

We also got caught skateboarding down the corridors in the lunch break.

Oh and asking the RE teacher if she got a good fucking from the CDT technician, that was funny.

Christ id love to go back to school one day, just to see how long id last. I went back there on a job on the fire engine recently and its all changed  Sad
Barry Scott

« Reply #80 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 16:30:46 »

Supply teachers were fucking ace. We used to get presented with a blank register sheet, to write our names onto. The teacher would read them back to check people in. It used to have about 40-50 spaces, and with only 30 people in the class it always ran out of room...

You had the usual suspects, R. Soul, P. Ness, Hugh Janus, Mike Hunt, them some less obvious ones like Dawn Syndrome, Paul Backskin, Peter Phile and just so we could all laugh ourselves saw for a few minutes, Des Cuntface often appeared as well. Sadly no teacher was ever stupid enough to read that out, but their face or loud reaction was enough to allow you weeks of amusement. Cheesy
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 22:56:40 »

i just remembered, a german teacher called Mrs Campbell, worked in st joes before kingsdown, apparently got sacked from st joes for chucking stuff at pupils. anyways, she was a really heavy smoker, she had some problem with her throat, she was off for months, then when she came back was under strict instructions not to shout. she had this tiny crappy 1970s era amplifier and clip-on microphone, which she left on her desk. every lesson she'd make the naughty kid in the class, ashley holloway or summat like that, come and sit infront of her desk, and by the end of every lesson he turned her amplifier off and she was screaming at the kids again. was ace Cheesy

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 23:51:34 »

Went to St Joe's, famous for capital, errr I mean corporal, punishment.     I was told I wouldn't amount to anything, Uni was too good for me.  They were right of course.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 02:33:38 »

I had quite a few decent teachers over the years, my English teacher was quite an inspiring chap and gave me 10/10 for a piece of homework titled 'My favourite place' which was set during our Prem season - my place was my seat at the CG - apparently I'd never showed so much passion before...

Also I had a truly fantastic physics teacher who would get so excited about the subject matter he would literally jump up and down in the middle of the classroom - it was impossible not to take it in.

One of my maths teachers was good too - she was vice-principal but knew her stuff, I had a great deal of respect for her.

Naturally I had some horrible teachers too, one in my early educational career actually took a cane to my knuckles - I remember not why...

At the time I hated school I suppose, I wish I'd made more of it - my younger sister and her mates had a great time...
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 08:56:18 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
Jan or any other Calners of a certain age - do you remember Mr Thornton the technology teacher?- he had a nervouse breakdown didnt he? - I think some people in the year above me locked him in that little tool cupboard between the two woodwork rooms in South wing technology block

Bob Thornton, a nice guy that wasn't cut out for teaching. He wasn't being locked in cupboards when I was at JBS in the 80's though, that was reserved for Mr Pilcher-Clayton.

All of the teachers you and Janaage have mentioned were there when I was. Mr Tucker was a star, and a proper football fan. He also took me to see Iron Maiden when I was in the 2nd year, the years of crap he took about his flares and fondness for Rick Wakeman never really took their toll. Mr Guilfoyle was a good guy to, very sharp sense of humour.

Mr Griffin was a top bloke, and as he tried to teach latin to teenagers from Calne, must have been one of the worlds great optimists.

John Spencer was a great guy, as was Steve Simpson, who was probably a bit before your time (he left to play professional rugby league in New Zealand).

I actually quite miss it, even though at the time I hated every minute I spent there.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 10:54:29 »

Quote from: "bennett"
allah trully loves me and wants others around to smile at the expense of a selected weaker one of the group (the ralphy's etc)

Fuck off knobhead.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 11:29:04 »

mr larter, absolute legend, his son's a good mate of mine... maybe i wouldve thought differently if i'd gone to his school.

apart from ben any commonwealers on here?
been really strange recently, i'm mates with the son of my old english teacher and he rings me up every so often to ask if i can play 6 a side with all my old teachers.

really peculiar, they're all so small and shit at football, if only i had known back in school.

although saying that, one of the teachers who i hated with a passion in year 7,8,9 actually turned out to be alright in my final two years... turns out he's a massive gills fan and a top fella to boot. had a few pints with him and a handful of the other teachers last summer in the steam talking about the priestfield trouble a few seasons back and also turns out i played youth footy with his son. always make sure i crop him early on in the footy though  Cool

officially blacker than the night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 12:17:03 »

Quote from: "Barnard"
Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
Jan or any other Calners of a certain age - do you remember Mr Thornton the technology teacher?- he had a nervouse breakdown didnt he? - I think some people in the year above me locked him in that little tool cupboard between the two woodwork rooms in South wing technology block

Bob Thornton, a nice guy that wasn't cut out for teaching. He wasn't being locked in cupboards when I was at JBS in the 80's though, that was reserved for Mr Pilcher-Clayton.

Bob still works at Bentley. He had some sort of breakdown or something a few years back. He now works as a sort of caretaker and does a lot of preparation work for woodwork and metalwork classes and also does odd jobs around the school. Nice bloke
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, June 7, 2008, 21:18:22 »

Quote from: "strooood"

Yep.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 09:34:17 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
Quote from: "strooood"

Yep.

yup

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: