Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1240812 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: Friday, February 20, 2009, 12:55:58 »

Never heard of it but it does look good, although i'm not really a fan of batman type stuff, so hopefully that will be better.
Lumps

« Reply #916 on: Friday, February 20, 2009, 14:00:34 »

Comic written by Alan Moore, and drawn by Dave Gibbons. Rated as the greatest graphic novel of all time. It was the only graphic novel to appear on Time's 2005 list of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present.

I doubt the film can possibly live up to the book but it does look cool.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #917 on: Friday, February 20, 2009, 23:40:47 »

I watched In Bruges tonight. I think the reviews I read were spot on, I thought it was a very good film. The story alone is a very serious one, but it's the very politically incorrect gags throughout the film which are the reason it's so good.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 00:35:29 »

I watched Appoloosa, the stand out bit for me was Ed harris singing at the end credits, brilliant.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 01:08:17 »

I watched In Bruges tonight. I think the reviews I read were spot on, I thought it was a very good film. The story alone is a very serious one, but it's the very politically incorrect gags throughout the film which are the reason it's so good.

really enjoyed that film.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 18:32:03 »

The Wrestler is pretty good. After all the hype I expected it to be a life changing experience, but it was a decent enough story and Rourke plays himself well.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 00:21:12 »

Anyone ever seen my neighbour totoro? Its mental!

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #922 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 00:29:25 »

yeah. it's ace

All Miyazaki's films are pretty cool. I'd start with Spirited Away and Howl's moving castle, then go backwards.

New one out soon
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 00:31:02 »

The catbus scene was one of the funniest things i ever did see. Howls moving castle is dubbed over into english isn't it? Not sure i like that

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #924 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 00:33:02 »

If you get the dvd I think it's got both subtitled and dubbed versions. Same for most of his films.

You can certainly download subtitle versions if you prefer.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #925 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 07:16:16 »

I watched sex drive last night, which made me giggle a few times.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 10:33:41 »

I watched Notorious Friday night - It was ace

Makes me wanna keep chasing that paper man
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 17:45:13 »

Watched Cass the other night, was impressed.

Anyone seen the new Friday the 13th? I think I might be going to watch it tomorrow night.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 23:02:17 »

Watched 'The Wave' earlier - well good film about a German high school class who take part in a social experiment as part of a dictatorship. It all gets a bit out of hand in the end and 'The Wave' spills out onto the streets amongst the youths. Very good.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 17:07:13 »

the weirdest moment was when it clicked that the comically nasty studio executive dude was Tom Cruise.

I didn't realise til after I'd watched it! The funniest bit of the film was when they played that RnB or whatever and he was offering the G5 private jet.

This is the scene...

Les Grossman: Speedman is a dying star. A white dwarf headed for a black hole. That's physics. It's inevitable.
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: We've been handed an incredible opportunity here, Peck.
Les Grossman: The universe... is talking to us right now. You just gotta listen.
[turns on Flo Rider's "Low" and begins to dance to the beat]
Les Grossman: See, this is the good part, Pecker. This is when the job gets fun! Ask... and you shall receive!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: [dancing along] Right...
Les Grossman: You play ball... we play ball. I knoowwww... you want the goodies!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: Welcome to the goodie room!
Les Grossman: You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: Swinging past ya knees!
Les Grossman: Big dick, baby!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: Yep.
Les Grossman: [turns off the music] Or... you can grow a conscience in the next five minutes and see where that takes you.
Rick Peck: Now let me get this straight. You want me to let my client of 15 years, one of my best friends, die in the jungle alone, for some money and a G5?
Les Grossman: Yes.
Rick Peck: [pause] A G5 airplane?
Les Grossman: Yes... and lots of money... playaaaa!
[turns on the music and dances again]
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: