Pages: 1 ... 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1240516 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6450 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 13:44:42 »

IMO The Gentleman is the best film this year, although my favourite film is Snatch and this is very much of that genre..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6451 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:08:01 »

Watched ‘Shock and Awe’ last night on Amazon Prime. Very interesting in these ‘fake news’ times.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6452 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 14:10:31 »

IMO The Gentleman is the best film this year, although my favourite film is Snatch and this is very much of that genre..

Thought Hugh Grant was great but I didn't care for the film.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #6453 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 16:06:29 »

Thought it was decent too.  Hugh Grant very good as acting so differently to type.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6454 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 18:09:39 »

Snatch is really good. Brad Pitt's best acting job really. Even though he does the same thing in every film with a different gurn/accent
Panda Paws

« Reply #6455 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 19:05:03 »

I loved The Gentlemen. Best movie of the year.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6456 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 19:07:32 »

I loved The Gentlemen. Best movie of the year.

Watched it last night, thought it was excellent.

Just started watching Gangs of London - fucking brutal!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6457 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 19:52:46 »

re-watched snatch the other day. fucking ace

lock stock and fight club next I think.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6458 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 21:07:36 »

re-watched snatch the other day. fucking ace

lock stock and fight club next I think.

Snatch, 🤣🤣🤣 my stomach ached for days after watching that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6459 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 23:34:51 »

Batch snatch  Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6460 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 00:16:21 »

Snatch is really good. Brad Pitt's best acting job really. Even though he does the same thing in every film with a different gurn/accent

I like him in Inglorious Basterds for this very reason. Even though it's very much a tongue in cheek (literally) role. You're right though, he played an excellent "Irish Pikey" in Snatch. A lot of the performances in Snatch were really good. Lennie James in that too I believe. He's a cracking British actor.

Realised Snatch must be about 20yrs young now Eek

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6461 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 08:55:20 »

A lot of the performances in Snatch were really good. Lennie James in that too I believe. He's a cracking British actor.

Just finished the first series of Save Me with Lennie James, Stephen Graham, Kerry Godliman (wife from After Life). Len is very good in that too.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6462 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 12:23:41 »

Just finished the first series of Save Me with Lennie James, Stephen Graham, Kerry Godliman (wife from After Life). Len is very good in that too.

Thanks for the reminder. Keep meaning to watch that. Stephen Graham is great too (just don't let him play a Welshman  Soapy Tit Wank ). I've liked a lot of stuff Lennie James is in. TWD of course but he transitions from film to TV so well. You always believe him or the character he's portraying. Whether that's down to being selective with certain directors and writers must be part of it but he delivers really well.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #6463 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 20:27:24 »

Just watched Children of Men for the first time since I saw it at the cinema, and remembered what I didn't like about it then. Beautifully shot but it doesn't explain the main theme of the story, and without an explanation the rest doesn't make sense. Infuriating film yet critically acclaimed.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #6464 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 21:16:35 »

Just watched Children of Men for the first time since I saw it at the cinema, and remembered what I didn't like about it then. Beautifully shot but it doesn't explain the main theme of the story, and without an explanation the rest doesn't make sense. Infuriating film yet critically acclaimed.

I did similar (fairly) recently, and watched it for the first time since it came out (or I downloaded it just after). I thought the opposite, that it had aged really well!

Never really thought the people not having kids needed an explanation. It not only fits really well into a sort of canon of the stiff upper lip british cosy(ish) semi-post-apocalyptic fascism, not too far away from a John Wyndham classic, but still seemed relevent under a brexity shadow of a misdirected empire hangover that only the British can do.

I honestly thought that some of the way it was shot, although not looking bad, had sort of aged badly because it's been done to death. All that post-private-ryan shakey cam bullets feel like video games more than movies now. I do remember the scene with the baby crying still holding up though.

Sorry blah blah blah.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: