Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1238456 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6180 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 09:40:34 »

Trumbo on Netflix starring Bryan Cranston.

Watch it, its very good.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6181 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 20:45:42 »

Dunkirk. Very good.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6182 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 20:50:19 »

Already planning to see it when I get back. Sounds extremely promising from the reviews I've limited myself to
Amir

« Reply #6183 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 21:15:45 »

Dunkirk. Very good.

I really want to watch it, I'm just a little aware it might be a bit of an attack on the senses, particularly sound, which I'm a bit sensitive about. I much preferred watching Nolan's Batman films on DVD, and having heard Kenneth Branagh say that he wanted to make the audience feel they'd been through an ordeal, I think I'll wait.

Short reviews of films I've seen on planes recently...

Lion - Well made and acted but if you know the basic outline of the story, then it's all a bit obvious.

Moonlight - Not sure what the point was. Kid has difficult set of circumstances growing up. The end.

Manchester by the sea - harrowing and heartfelt, much more worthy of a best picture award.

Fences - Good drama about an imperfect man trying to do his best and failing, and the effect on his family.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6184 on: Saturday, July 22, 2017, 14:41:08 »

Dunkirk. Very good.

I was expecting great things after all the hype and some very good reviews, but it really annoyed me. Will hold off on any more comment until a few more people have seen it, but would be interested to hear other views.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6185 on: Monday, July 24, 2017, 08:15:59 »

Watched Safe House last night.

Not amazing but, decent acting from Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6186 on: Monday, July 24, 2017, 10:47:55 »

I saw Dunkirk last night and thought it was was excellent, for me it's a film that should be watched in a cinema for the big screen experience.

Nolan nailed it again for me, superb director
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6187 on: Monday, July 24, 2017, 11:58:30 »

I was expecting great things after all the hype and some very good reviews, but it really annoyed me. Will hold off on any more comment until a few more people have seen it, but would be interested to hear other views.

I saw Dunkirk last night and thought it was was excellent, for me it's a film that should be watched in a cinema for the big screen experience.

Nolan nailed it again for me, superb director

Interesting. We are going to watch it at the IMAX at Waterloo on Friday. Never been before but seems like the perfect place to watch it. Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack and he usually nails it as well. (the Inception soundtrack was awesome)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6188 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 20:43:00 »

Watched Dunkirk on the Science Museum IMAX. Fucking hell is it an incredible piece of craftsmanship and a justifiably tough watch. I feel like I've been hit over the head by a perspective mallet.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6189 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 08:48:08 »

The sound of Dunkirk in IMAX is the thing that makes it for me..  impressive.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6190 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 08:50:45 »

Despite my protestations we are going to see it not in a Imax but in chippenham fleapit tonight.  Im not sure my wife really understands the idea of a decent sound system.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6191 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 09:02:52 »

We went to see it in the IMAX at Waterloo a couple of weeks back. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the sound was amazing. Not totally sure a soundtrack was needed as it was drowned out by the sounds of war.

Loved the sounds of the planes through the speakers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6192 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 18:16:35 »

But that's it isn't it. Noise and tricks instead of credible characters, a believable plot, factual accuracy. I really hated that film.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6193 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 18:17:42 »

Well I got half way through before the youngest decided it was too intense and I had to take her home.

Never knowingly overstated.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6194 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 21:39:27 »

District 9. Watched it years ago and again tonight. Great film, very underrated.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: