Pages: 1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1247095 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #6030 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 18:57:54 »

Seriously looking forward to the Suicide Squad and the David Brent movie to come out at the cinema!
I'm dreading this because I love the office so much, and Gervais has become such a dick..

I mean, Derek.  Suicide

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6031 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:01:59 »

I'm dreading this because I love the office so much, and Gervais has become such a dick..

I mean, Derek.  Suicide

I think it's going to be classic.. I have to say, I liked Derek, and I quite like Gervais these days too...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6032 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:07:17 »

Gervais appears to be an over opinionated cockwomble and seeing him perform live was a terrible disappointment but what he and Merchant did with Brent was masterful.
Flashheart

« Reply #6033 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:15:30 »

I don't like Gervais either, I think he's a bully.

Some of his characters are genius though. He may well be an over opinionated cockwomble, but he is a funny over opinionated cock womble.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #6034 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:16:42 »

Gervais appears to be an over opinionated cockwomble and seeing him perform live was a terrible disappointment but what he and Merchant did with Brent was masterful.

Ah did you go to one of the solo Brent things or his stand up tour? I'm not sure I could have withstood the former.
The lack of Merchant is what worries me!

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6035 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:18:42 »

I've seen him a few times live, I've thought he was brilliant every time.

Not as good as when I saw 'Alan Partridge, and other less successful characters' live.

That was amazing.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6036 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:20:11 »

I saw him do stand-up about 10 years ago. It was terrible.

Luckily Will Smith (The Thick of It) supported so it wasn't a completely wasted evening.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6037 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:24:13 »

I saw him do stand-up about 10 years ago. It was terrible.

Luckily Will Smith (The Thick of It) supported so it wasn't a completely wasted evening.

Robin Ince supported when I saw him..

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #6038 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:27:23 »

I bloody love Robin Ince.

I think there's quite a solid argument that Smerch toned down a lot of Ricky's stuff and that's why they worked so well together. At least Merchant hasn't become a bully though, as FH said.

Then again as a die hard Partridge fan I was pleasantly surprised by Alpha Papa. It wasn't perfect, but it didn't make me vomit blood. So I will try and keep an open mind Wink

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6039 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 19:30:25 »

I bloody love Robin Ince.

I think there's quite a solid argument that Smerch toned down a lot of Ricky's stuff and that's why they worked so well together. At least Merchant hasn't become a bully though, as FH said.

Then again as a die hard Partridge fan I was pleasantly surprised by Alpha Papa. It wasn't perfect, but it didn't make me vomit blood. So I will try and keep an open mind Wink

I heard they're doing a second Alan Partridge film.. I would normallybe skeptical, but Coogan is a genius, so if it happens, I'm all for it.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #6040 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 20:30:59 »

I think that's why the first one wasn't so bad as these things often are, they retained the basic writing staff (Coogan, Iannucci, the brothers whose name I can't bring to mind right now.) so as long as that continues I can't see why the next film won't be enjoyable.

I'll just miss michael!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6041 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 07:50:00 »

Well finally got round to seeing the new Ghostbusters last night, really enjoyed it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #6042 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:10:32 »

Gervais is a pure bellend, he's not funny. Every character is himself, save for maybe Derek, but I only managed about 5 minutes of that out of curiosity before he made my piss boil. This shit about his film, and actually releasing the album of music his 'character' has created, its crap. When an unfunny failed musician plays an unfunny failed musician, where are the character boundaries?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6043 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 12:36:21 »

Gervais is a pure bellend, he's not funny. Every character is himself, save for maybe Derek, but I only managed about 5 minutes of that out of curiosity before he made my piss boil. This shit about his film, and actually releasing the album of music his 'character' has created, its crap. When an unfunny failed musician plays an unfunny failed musician, where are the character boundaries?

Not a Gervais fan then?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #6044 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 16:15:18 »

Well finally got round to seeing the new Ghostbusters last night, really enjoyed it.

Saw it today and agree. Looking forward to seeing it again, even!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: