Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1248109 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 10:46:52 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"
A guy I work with is fucking obsessed with that pile of wank, Sweeney Todd. I didn't hate it that much after watching it, however his continued mental masturbation over it every five minutes grates somewhat.

Didn't the BBC do an adaptation of it with Ray Winstone?
yep it was on last week.

I watched Jackass 2 and a scandanavian one called 'The bothersome man' the other day. Jackass did exactly what it says on the tin, and the second one was good too.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 16:48:20 »

I have 'The Bank Job' and 'The Savages' to watch in the next few days, looking forward to those. Anyone seen either?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 17:15:50 »

The Bank Job is ace Ian, I liked it alot.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 17:37:18 »

Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
Is it the film on a hand held camera?

Yes, yes it is - despite the wanky-cam it's good - not as amateur looking as Blair Witch.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 17:38:14 »

I didn't like it because of that reason.  Sad
Dazzza

« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 18:15:29 »

Finally saw Run Fatboy Run with Simone Peg yesterday.  Pretty much your above average Brit comedy fare with a couple of funny moments but it did drag in places.

Looking forward to the Happening with Walberg opening the States this month.  Looks like a good bet.

flammableBen

« Reply #66 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 18:21:40 »

Not really a film as such but I've been watching the century of the self whilst playing tetris this evening. I already feel about 100times cleverer. I think that Adam Curtis is some sort of x-man who's voice has the magical power of brain expansion.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #67 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 22:38:55 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Finally saw Run Fatboy Run with Simone Peg yesterday.  Pretty much your above average Brit comedy fare with a couple of funny moments but it did drag in places.

I thought that was a waste of money.

With all these rubbish films I went to see at the cinema, it's little wonder I stopped going and started playing football, despite it being Orange Wednesday 2-for-1 and getting dicked every game in the league (we're a cup team I promise).
land_of_bo

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 07:34:45 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
With all these rubbish films I went to see at the cinema, it's little wonder I stopped going and started playing football, despite it being Orange Wednesday 2-for-1 and getting dicked every game in the league (we're a cup team I promise).

You never recovered from the friendly against us before you joined the league then  Cheesy

Are you guys up for a rematch?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 10:04:20 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"

You never recovered from the friendly against us before you joined the league then  Cheesy

I emailed back Simon but he seems adament about playing on a Wednesday. The league is on Wednesday so we can't do that day (well not until the league is over in 6 or 7 weeks time).

We're all up for it if it was on another day though.
land_of_bo

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 12:17:32 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"

I emailed back Simon but he seems adament about playing on a Wednesday. The league is on Wednesday so we can't do that day (well not until the league is over in 6 or 7 weeks time).

We're all up for it if it was on another day though.

I'll speak to him. We play other games on a Thursday so don't know what he's fucking about at.
Northern Red

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 12:52:04 »

Pegg's no good without his sidekick

Hot Fuzz was better
And Shaun of the Dead was better again
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 12:55:57 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"

Hot Fuzz was better

It was the wrtiting which made it worse, not the lack Nick Frost in the film.
flammableBen

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 12:58:53 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"

Hot Fuzz was better

I'm not sure Simon Pegg is capable of ace stuff with out Edgar Wright writing with him and directing.  Run Fatboy run wasn't terrible though. Just pretty average.
flammableBen

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 13:00:11 »

Oops quoted wrong thing. But yeah si pie. Pegg had a fair bit of writing input into run fayboy, just shows he needs Edgar Wright.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: