Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1248820 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5850 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 22:30:13 »

Never seen one either.

I'm a bit of a film buff just with the exception of Sci-Fi/fantasy stuff. Doesn't nothing for me, saw one of the Harry Potter's and it was the most tedious 2-3 hours of my life
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #5851 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 22:33:40 »

Never seen one either.

I'm a bit of a film buff just with the exception of Sci-Fi/fantasy stuff. Doesn't nothing for me, saw one of the Harry Potter's and it was the most tedious 2-3 hours of my life

I thought the same thing about Harry Potter.

I feel like I've entered some kind of support group  Hug

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5852 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 22:43:14 »

saw one of the Harry Potter's and it was the most tedious 2-3 hours of my life

I'd definitely avoid the final LOTR film if I were you!

On the subject of films that other people rave over but you find dull and tedious : Wall-E.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5853 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 22:46:00 »

Haven't got an issue with it, it's just one of those things. Like people who don't like football get sick of the World Cup being everywhere when it happens. Nothing wrong with enjoying it anymore than there's anything wrong with wanting it to end, I just happen to be in the latter camp. Tired of it already!

24 hours in. Enjoy the next few weeks!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5854 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 23:13:21 »

Dragging wifey along on Tuesday (cheap night), she's never seen a Star Wars film, but i'm not going on my own, so i've promised her as much Penis as she can eat Smiley

Never watched a Star Wars film at the cinema so looking forward to it!

Sorted that for you.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5855 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 00:34:53 »

I get that some people just aren't into it, but how the fuck can you be alive today and have never watched a Star Wars film?!

JJ Abrams has certainly done justice to the Star Wars franchise. I watched it in 3D which was amazing. Might try and catch it at the IMAX in Cheltenham over Christmas.

I'm watching it there, I'll let you know if it's worth the hype. I'm slightly apprehensive about sitting so close too a huge screen. My girlfriend thought the front was the back on the seating plan (despite the word "screen" clearly shown to indicate where it was) so row c it is
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5856 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 06:36:59 »

row c it is

Ha, I read that bit as Yoda Smiley
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #5857 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 07:24:11 »

I have never seen any Star Wars film either - nor do I have any desire to. A friend of mine went to the 00.05 screening the other night and said it was the best film he has EVER seen.  Seriously?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5858 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 08:22:50 »

Another here who's never seen a Star Wars film. Don't like James Bond, Mission Impossible or any of that shit either. I just keep going "well that would never happen would it?" till I get barred from the living room. Something about not being able to emote over characters and plots that are inherently unbelievable.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5859 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 08:30:53 »

Im going to watch it tonight with my 12 year old and the wife.  The wife is of similar 'well that would never happen would it' type.  I found this out whilst watching Face Off many years ago.  She was right, it would never happen, but it was big stupid fun.  Better than some twats wandering round in bonnets inevitably catching consumption and dying.

For the record, Im not that much of a fan of Star Wars.  I have looked at all the nonsense of people queuing to watch it at midnight thinking, 'Look calm down, Im fairly sure you'll still be able to see it tomorrow.  And then next day.  And the next month.  It's only a bloody kids film.'

Never knowingly overstated.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5860 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 08:59:19 »

Im going to watch it tonight with my 12 year old and the wife.  The wife is of similar 'well that would never happen would it' type.  I found this out whilst watching Face Off many years ago.  She was right, it would never happen, but it was big stupid fun.  Better than some twats wandering round in bonnets inevitably catching consumption and dying.

For the record, Im not that much of a fan of Star Wars.  I have looked at all the nonsense of people queuing to watch it at midnight thinking, 'Look calm down, Im fairly sure you'll still be able to see it tomorrow.  And then next day.  And the next month.  It's only a bloody kids film.'

Tell me more about this bit.  Popcorn

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5861 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 09:04:41 »

Never knowingly overstated.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5862 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 12:38:09 »

Clap  Very good.

The Hours is in my all-time top ten.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5863 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 15:13:23 »

I don't get the whole "never seen it and never want to see it" stuff.  People wearing it like a badge of honour, it seems bizarre to me.  

I don't like Star Trek, but I have watched the movies, the JJ Abrams ones seem OK, but still not all that...  I don't get the hype about Hunger games, but have seen most of the films..

I guess this is more about film fans and non film fans, which is ironic in this thread

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5864 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 15:49:03 »

I don't get the whole "never seen it and never want to see it" stuff.  People wearing it like a badge of honour, it seems bizarre to me.  

I don't like Star Trek, but I have watched the movies, the JJ Abrams ones seem OK, but still not all that...  I don't get the hype about Hunger games, but have seen most of the films..

I guess this is more about film fans and non film fans, which is ironic in this thread

It's not really that, it's just knowing what kind of films you like. I don't often find an all-action blockbuster that lives up to its hype. Given that I'll never get to see everything I want to, I make choices.

Bit cultish (yes, that is the spelling) to say not getting sucked into the Star Wars franchise equals not liking film.

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: