Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1249090 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5835 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 08:49:20 »

Surely the majority of movie lovers can't be wrong, right?

People voted for the Nazis and like Coldplay.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #5836 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 08:51:52 »

People voted for the Nazis and like Coldplay.

I suppose, plus people like James Bond too.. which bores me to tears.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5837 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 09:14:33 »

I grew up with Star Wars. Have always loved it, even the prequels and went to the midnight screening tonight. It doesn't disappoint! Really good film!

Being born in the 70's it was a staple diet for most boys and so much better than any other SFX films around at the time. Empire Strikes Back was one of my first films I ever saw and since then I was hooked.

I can however understand people feelings towards it as I feel much the same about Star Trek.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #5838 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 09:19:21 »

Being born in the 70's it was a staple diet for most boys and so much better than any other SFX films around at the time. Empire Strikes Back was one of my first films I ever saw and since then I was hooked.

I can however understand people feelings towards it as I feel much the same about Star Trek.

Good or bad feelings? I have never been into the TV series' of Star Trek, but the two most recent movies were decent.

I understand there's a 3rd being made? Simon Pegg is writing it, I believe.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5839 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 09:50:26 »

Good or bad feelings? I have never been into the TV series' of Star Trek, but the two most recent movies were decent.

I understand there's a 3rd being made? Simon Pegg is writing it, I believe.

Not bad feelings just not really into it
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #5840 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 09:51:34 »

Not bad feelings just not really into it

Ah I see..

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5841 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 10:01:45 »

A mate and I went to the 0005 showing last night and it was a very good watch. Really enjoyed it. A return to the 'originals' thankfully.

Won't go into spoiler mode but will be happy when it's acceptable to discuss it without feeling like you're giving away state secrets.

If you remotely liked the original three films go and watch this one you shouldn't be disappointed.
Talk Talk

« Reply #5842 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 11:10:09 »

Well that's at least three of us then.... People always look at me like I am mad when I tell them!

Also never seen ET.

Four. Indeed, nobody believes me either.

ET likewise.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5843 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 11:15:08 »

If you remotely liked the original three films go and watch this one you shouldn't be disappointed.

Agreed, I've been tempering my expectations as the prequel trilogy were so crushingly shite after all the hype and excitement, I didn't want to be disappointed. I shouldn't have worried, as it was really, really good. Went to the midnight showing last night as well, didn't once feel the need to check the time, I was thoroughly absorbed by the film. A welcome return to the original characters and felt the new ones really grew throughout the course of the film, after an initial slightly-wooden opening from Rey. I absolutely suggest you steer clear of spoilers before seeing it though. Now to wait for Episode VIII...  Crying
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 11:17:32 by Leggett » Logged

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5844 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 11:18:12 »

Spoiler-phobia was the reason I had to watch it last night. Some of the acting wasn't top notch some parts of the story weren't either but that didn't take the shine off of a brilliant 2 hours+ of entertainment.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5845 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 11:31:14 »

This sums my feeling up also.  Booked into to see the next one next Weds.  Also, my daughters boyfriend's brother is a storm trooper in it, so I guess she will be trying to tell me which one he is, even though they all look the same..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5846 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 11:46:47 »

Dragging wifey along on Tuesday (cheap night), she's never seen a Star Wars film, but i'm not going on my own, so i've promised her as much popcorn as she can eat Smiley

Never watched a Star Wars film at the cinema so looking forward to it!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5847 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 20:43:04 »

I get that some people just aren't into it, but how the fuck can you be alive today and have never watched a Star Wars film?!

JJ Abrams has certainly done justice to the Star Wars franchise. I watched it in 3D which was amazing. Might try and catch it at the IMAX in Cheltenham over Christmas.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5848 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 20:48:58 »

I saw the original star wars in the cinema. 1977  Sad

And ET in 1982  Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 20:50:48 by 4D » Logged
Talk Talk

« Reply #5849 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 21:01:57 »

I get that some people just aren't into it, but how the fuck can you be alive today and have never watched a Star Wars film?!

Oh bollocks. I've just realised that I must be deceased.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: