Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1238510 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #4815 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 13:24:49 »

Really enjoyed it, OK they perposely and spectacularly re-wrote history but it was entertaining enough.

Something that we just have to bear.

Saving Private Ryan was a movie about how America single handedly won WWII, but it was a good movie nonetheless.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #4816 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 13:26:17 »

Watched Inglorious Basterds for the first time yesterday. Really enjoyed it, OK they perposely and spectacularly re-wrote history but it was entertaining enough.

there are two scenes in that film, the opening one in the french famrers house, and the bar scene ending in the gunfight,  which are outstanding...

anyway, my main point was.....I have seen three films/series recently where the endings are ambiguous/left up to the viewer, or, are so myserious only the writer knew what the fook he intended etc...
fuck I hate that...if I am going to put the effort into watching a film/series, at least have the balls and conviction to conclude it properly...

the guilty parties are:

- Take shelter
 - Another earth
 - Inside man, the bbc 4 part series.

about 8hrs there wasted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4817 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 13:35:02 »

Something that we just have to bear.

What I meant was the rewriting of history was deliberate, self mocking at the film industry (IMHO) and clearly not fact.  In other words it was clearly fiction. I like that.

As you say, half truths are irritating. Like in U-571 the capturing an enigma machine, useful but in reality we already had a few.

--------
JO, largely agree with you on open endings. There are a few classics though, the Italian Job for one.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4818 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:19:24 »

I watched 'Senna' this weekend. Some of the footage of him driving around Monaco was frightening.

I used to be an avid F1 fan and can remember the weekend of the San Marino GP and the deaths of Ratzenberger and Senna.

I just read a bit about him on Wiki and apparently there was an Austian flag in his car which he planned to wave as a tribute to Ratzenburger after the race.

Also, there were 3 million people in Sao Paolo who came out the day of his funeral, which is a staggering amount of people.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4819 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:33:15 »

this weekend i have watched harry brown (again) horrible bosses and friends with benefits.

Horrible bosses was a goof laugh
Friends with benefits was ok, a bit chick flicky for my liking through
Harry Brown....well im sure most of you have see that one :-)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #4820 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:46:56 »

I watched 'Senna' this weekend. Some of the footage of him driving around Monaco was frightening.

I used to be an avid F1 fan and can remember the weekend of the San Marino GP and the deaths of Ratzenberger and Senna.

I just read a bit about him on Wiki and apparently there was an Austian flag in his car which he planned to wave as a tribute to Ratzenburger after the race.

Also, there were 3 million people in Sao Paolo who came out the day of his funeral, which is a staggering amount of people.

Really creeped me out the way Ratzenburger was talking in the pits about pushing himself any harder that he'd end up dead.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #4821 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 16:36:11 »

Really creeped me out the way Ratzenburger was talking in the pits about pushing himself any harder that he'd end up dead.

Did you not also find Senna's demeanor a little worrying that weekend – it was almost as if he knew something was going to happen to him.

And why was the camera on him at the moment Ratzenberger crashed ?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4822 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 18:23:44 »

Amongst many others I watched Hitchcock's "The Birds" on saturday night. Was a bit slow to get going but I fucking loved it in the end. Very creepy.

Also for you film buffs, Blockbuster have been doing 2 weeks free rentals for new sign-ups or lapsed customers recently (think it's still on) so worth checking out. So long as you get films back the next day you won't pay anything.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4823 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 16:48:25 »

I'm sure I'm probably the only person on this board not to have seen it, but just watched Shawshank Redemption.

Great movie.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #4824 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 16:53:46 »

I'm sure I'm probably the only person on this board not to have seen it, but just watched Shawshank Redemption.

Great movie.
One of my favourites.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4825 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 20:55:43 »

Watched sket the other day.

Wasnt too bad i thought
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4826 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 20:56:42 »

saw a film with justin timberlake in it the other day. Can't remember the name, something to do with time.

Decent premise, absolutely shite film

Things get better but they never get good
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #4827 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 20:58:34 »

I watched 21 Jump Street on Friday, it was shite.
Barry Scott

« Reply #4828 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 21:06:01 »

Great movie.

My sister and her boyfriend hadn't seen The Usual Suspects until a few months back. Equally as shocking as you not seeing The Shawshank Redemption!
Flashheart

« Reply #4829 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 21:09:03 »

saw a film with justin timberlake in it the other day. Can't remember the name, something to do with time.

Decent premise, absolutely shite film

In time?

Thought it was a very good idea. Alas, some very shoddy acting/directing let it down
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: