Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We're just a team full of.....  (Read 7279 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 15:52:02 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Hardly an inspiring signing is it
WHAT A SIGNING Cheesy
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 15:55:47 »

Quote from: "arriba"
who gives a shit what clubs our players used to play for.if they come here and do well then thats all i want to see
Totally agree with you on that one Arriba, some people wouldn't be happy if we signed a load of champions league players!! :roll:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 16:57:39 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Reg and others, back in the 70, 80's, early 90's how many of our players had Brizzle club routes?  Just out of interest.  I'm just trying to work out if this is another case of me growing into a grumpy old sod, who should chill out a bit more!!

Not many in the years you describe ....more have gone the other way.

Howard Pritchard in the 80's was ex City, as was John Emanual who had a short loan.  Kevin Baddeley was a Swindon boy who went to City, may not have played many games and came home for a couple of seasons.

Of course recently there's been Oolit and Chavmeister.

Rovers have probably supplied a few more...including Chalkie and Timmy Parkin......the hugely shit Gary Emmanual was Rovers we traded him for Animal Williams.... :roll:

I watched the Wanker when we played Yeovil a bit back....he's an athlete, can get up and down the park, which could be highly useful away from home, but in keeping with a lot of this type,  does bugger all with the ball.

A Swansea mate agreed this would be the reason Martinez didn't fancy him.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 17:04:25 »

We'll see what he's like i guess. Didn't do too badly at City and i thought he was pretty good from what i saw of him. He's had injuries though so he's a risk. As for City players i'm not too bothered. Peacock is hardly a terrible player is he?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 17:08:39 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
We'll see what he's like i guess. Didn't do too badly at City and i thought he was pretty good from what i saw of him. He's had injuries though so he's a risk. As for City players i'm not too bothered. Peacock is hardly a terrible player is he?

From what I recall The Wanker was out a fair time when doing something nasty to his neck...when in an RTA where the driver was doing a Dell Boy.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 17:34:07 »

In the "olden" days, there was less player movement full stop, so it didn't happen as much.  PLus you often had a few local lads in the team who would have carried the "attitude" of dislike with them if they had of moved.  These days we are talking about signing ex City players who have pretty much no real interest in City or Bristol, or probably even the West Country.  I'd be miffed it were talking about signing City fans, but does this guy really have any interest in them or our rivalry? doubt it.
lebowski

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 17:42:48 »

I would imagine the ex City players flocking here are happy to finally play for a club that has actually achieved something during its existence.
Spencer_White

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 18:53:51 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
In the "olden" days, there was less player movement full stop, so it didn't happen as much.  PLus you often had a few local lads in the team who would have carried the "attitude" of dislike with them if they had of moved.  These days we are talking about signing ex City players who have pretty much no real interest in City or Bristol, or probably even the West Country.  I'd be miffed it were talking about signing City fans, but does this guy really have any interest in them or our rivalry? doubt it.

If you watch Scott Murray you can tell it does mean something to him. Celebrates properly, pulls out big performances, big goals, what the fans love to see. To be honest he's been a class act for City. He didnt do well at Reading either, which suggests he didnt really want to be there. Same with John McGinlay at Bolton, just seemed to have such an affinity with the club. The hatred stems from a bit of jealousy really because you think why dont our players celebrate with the fans like they do?

As for this bloke were about to sign, Ive got nothing against him for being a fringe City player. Just have a problem with him being crap. Scott Murray doesnt seem so bad after all now.

The reject thing does hurt, because the boot was on the other foot not so long ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 19:33:34 »

TBF I think The Wanker isn't a bad signing at all.  He's big strong and quick,  should add a bit on defending set pieces which were a struggle last season.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 20:05:16 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
I would imagine the ex City players flocking here are happy to finally play for a club that has actually achieved something during its existence.

SwindonStevo

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 20:10:18 »

if they go down in the line of Peacock and Allision then i wont mind. if they are more of the Christian Roberts mould then i probably wouldnt be too pleased.
dell boy

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 07:29:29 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"

From what I recall The Wanker was out a fair time when doing something nasty to his neck...when in an RTA where the driver was doing a Dell Boy.

I've never hit anyone, so take that back!!!!! Cool
Dazzza

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 11:54:55 »

Had quick look through some of the reports and fan's comments from I'm a Wanker's time at Brizzle, Yeovil and Swansea 06/07 and it's all quite impressive stuff.

Like Reg and Robbo Roberts mentions in todays Adver he's big, tall, strong and likes to get forward and he certainly creates a few goals along the way.

Give him, a full pre-season and half a dozen straight games and see what the result is.  Could be a hidden gem.

Spencer_White

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 12:43:54 »

TBF I think The Wanker isn't a bad signing at all.  He's big strong and quick,  should add a bit on defending set pieces which were a struggle last season.

Big, strong and quick but cant play football.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 12:47:09 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Big, strong and quick but cant play football.

He'll offer a good contrast to Jack Smith then who can play football but is slow and short
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: