Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do You Drink & Drive?  (Read 7787 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 12:45:43 »

It was in this thread Dell. I think either one could be worse than the other, it's a matter of how the situation occurred which could prove how dangerous it was.

As Amir points out, you have some alcohol your reactions are impaired. You speed, you have less time to react.

I think campaigns with speeding and harsher penalties will come into play in the not too distant future, I really do.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 12:46:11 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
I think Gazza makes a valid point, but it would be interesting to hear what his feelings on breaking the speed limit are and whether he feels as strongly.

Was it you on the speeding thread who stated that speeding is not seen in the eyes of most as being wrong compared with drink driving or something along those lines.

More people are killed on the roads through speed than anything else. I wonder how many could state hand on heart that they have never broken the speed limit.

As Gazza was stating, driving a car illegally is like carrying a knife with you, your car is a lethal weapon.

Sorry Dell thats total shit.  Do you have any stats to back that up?  

The biggest cause of fatal accidents is human error (such fiddling with the stereo or failing to look right at a juction) and always will be. people are fallable. If everyone in ther country drove at the limit or lower thousands would still die each year.
dell boy

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:03:38 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Quote from: "dell boy"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
I think Gazza makes a valid point, but it would be interesting to hear what his feelings on breaking the speed limit are and whether he feels as strongly.

Was it you on the speeding thread who stated that speeding is not seen in the eyes of most as being wrong compared with drink driving or something along those lines.

More people are killed on the roads through speed than anything else. I wonder how many could state hand on heart that they have never broken the speed limit.

As Gazza was stating, driving a car illegally is like carrying a knife with you, your car is a lethal weapon.

Sorry Dell thats total shit.  Do you have any stats to back that up?  

The biggest cause of fatal accidents is human error (such fiddling with the stereo or failing to look right at a juction) and always will be. people are fallable. If everyone in ther country drove at the limit or lower thousands would still die each year.

Speed kills slogans were on the tele - with the words something like - 'more people are killed on the road through speed than anything else, KILL YOUR SPEED it went something like that'.
Apart from that, no I have no hard facts just talking my normal bollocks.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:21:36 »

oh right. The telly.  nice.  Cheesy

I suppose it depends on spin and statistics though. At what point is speed counted as being the main factor in a crash, where someone is over the speed limit?  or where they were travelling under the limit but going too fast for icey conditions for example?
flammableBen

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:28:50 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
oh right. The telly.  nice.  Cheesy

I suppose it depends on spin and statistics though. At what point is speed counted as being the main factor in a crash, where someone is over the speed limit?  or where they were travelling under the limit but going too fast for icey conditions for example?

There is also the factor that speed may have not been the cause of the crash, but if the person was going to slower when the crash happened, there would have been less fatalities.

It's for damage control as much as accident prevention.

Like that ace advert where the dead little girl goes backwards.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:31:44 »

Yeah, that car fucks her up good and proper.

That'll learn her the green cross code wont it?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:32:32 »

Any speed can kill im afraid.

Ive been to incidents where people have crashed at 30 and they have received the same injuries as someone who has crashed at 70 believe it or not.
neville w

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:34:13 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

There is also the factor that speed may have not been the cause of the crash, but if the person was going to slower when the crash happened, there would have been less fatalities.

It's for damage control as much as accident prevention.

Like that ace advert where the dead little girl goes backwards.

You could argue that speed is the cause of every crash, as if all parties were doing 0mph there presumably couldn't be a crash.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:35:48 »

I say we just build a monorail and do away with cars in Swindon.
flammableBen

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:44:14 »

Monorail monorail monorail monorail.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:46:18 »

I'd say ban all stupid old women who's reaction times and motor skills are slower than a 6 pint 25 year old male - maybe. Anybody give me a lift to the Steam?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 13:50:37 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"
I'd say ban all stupid old women who's reaction times and motor skills are slower than a 6 pint 25 year old male - maybe. Anybody give me a lift to the Steam?

There was old women who I used to live near that didn't ever change out of first gear. You could hear her car coming from miles away with the engine screaming.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 14:20:04 »

maybe she thought it was an auto box?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 15:30:07 »

Quote from: "tans"
Any speed can kill im afraid.

Ive been to incidents where people have crashed at 30 and they have received the same injuries as someone who has crashed at 70 believe it or not.

It's all about impact speeds not the speed of the car.

When I went on my speeding course they explained that there are no where near as many fatal crashes on motorways because all the cars are travelling at round about 70-80 mph so the impact speeds are low.

On rural roads, you get dicks doing 70-80 mph and poor Mrs Smith coming home from work doing 40-50 gets smacked into.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 15:54:40 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Monorail monorail monorail monorail.

Mono.....D'oh!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: