Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do You Drink & Drive?  (Read 7785 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:26:30 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
So none of you have drank over the top then driven, sorry don't believe you oh rightous posters.

nope. but i cant technichally drive...

I've been in a car when the driver has had a few though. That was scary

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:27:48 »

Quote from: "JPC82"
Quote from: "Batch"
Not purposely no.

I have driven the next morning when with hindsight I probably shouldn't. And yes I know that's no better.

An honest reply....

Not saying I'm right, I was wrong to drive.
Again very much a generation thing, when I was a young man everyone got into their car after a skin full.

mine was a honest reply, its just not the answer u wanted, so u dont believe me

No sir, you hadn't answered at the time I replied to Batch, I believe you honestly.
My children as far as I'm aware have never had a drink and driven same for most of their friends.
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:28:06 »

Wouldn't touch a drop and drive and to be honest if I’ve been on the sauce I usually won’t drive the day after either unless absolutely necessary and a good minimum 12 hours after my last drink.

I’ve had to many good friends get sent down for drink driving and one woman I knew who “only had a couple of glasses of wine” killed an old dear and did serious time and she was far from the sort you would ever imagine doing any sort of prison holiday.  Another chap who was a college lecturer and had worked all over the world, had an absolutely stunning Swiss wife and kids he got done, lost his job and I see him every 6 months having lost everything he's usually sleeping rough and on the sauce.

I’ve never had the habit of taking a car to the pub so there’s never been that temptation but from talking to people that have been done it’s a habit and while the car is sat in that car park temptation isn’t far off.

dell boy

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:29:48 »

Quote from: Dazzza
Wouldn't touch a drop and drive and to be honest if I’ve been on the sauce I usually won’t drive the day after either unless absolutely necessary and a good minimum 12 hours after my last drink.

I’ve had to many good friends get sent down for drink driving and one woman I knew who “only had a couple of glasses of wine” killed an old dear and did serious time and she was far from the sort you would ever imagine doing any sort of prison holiday.  Another chap who was a college lecturer and had worked all over the world, had an absolutely stunning Swiss wife and kids he got done, lost his job and I see him every 6 months having lost everything he's usually sleeping rough and on the sauce.

I’ve never had the habit of taking a car to the pub so there’s never been that temptation but from talking to people that have been done it’s a habit and while the car is sat in that car park temptation isn’t far off.[/quote]

The temptation of driving home or the agro of getting up the next morning normally wins the day.
Dazzza

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:30:30 »

Besides if you go the pub it's for the purpose of going on the lash so cars shouldn't come into the equation.

Live by the motto why have one when you can have ten* and you’ll be fine.

* ten+

DMR

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:31:40 »

I've done it more than once after 2 or 3 beers, and hands up I did it once when proper pissed. It was stupid and I wouldn't do it again, it's something I've grown out of. If people want to slag that off thats fine, goes with the territory of doing something stupid.
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:33:23 »

Find the threads from Si Pie and Walrus if you want a first hand account. I would but I can't be arsed.
Dazzza

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:33:59 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"

I’ve never had the habit of taking a car to the pub so there’s never been that temptation but from talking to people that have been done it’s a habit and while the car is sat in that car park temptation isn’t far off.

The temptation of driving home or the agro of getting up the next morning normally wins the day.

I think that’s half the battle Dell and to be honest most of the pubs round my neck of the woods that are ‘out of town’ have long gone now with a couple of exceptions.

There were an enterprising couple of lads round my neck of the woods that would turn up on a foldaway scooter, stick it in your car boot and drive you home for a few quid.  Think they went belly up though a few months back.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:34:52 »

I think that’s half the battle Dell and to be honest most of the pubs round my neck of the woods that are ‘out of town’ have long gone now with a couple of exceptions.

There were an enterprising couple of lads round my neck of the woods that would turn up on a foldaway scooter, stick it in your car boot and drive you home for a few quid.  Think they went belly up though a few months back.

top gear did that once

Things get better but they never get good
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:35:29 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Drink driving is to the 90's is what aids was to the 80's.

The 00's big beating stuff into you with advertising campaigns is er...

I can't think of anything.

the new drink driving will become speeding
flammableBen

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:37:03 »

Ace. Speeding pisses me off.
dell boy

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:37:15 »

'Scooter Man' are still operating in my area I believe.

I would like to stress people that on this occasion, the three pints I consumed was not the norm for me to get into a car and drive these days.

I would normally have a pint and a half, then drive home and walk to my local, but I ran into some old friends and it was the old, come on have another one, and then one for the road.

Always been easily led and was having a good old laugh.
JPC82

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:38:31 »

I would like to stress people that on this occasion, the three pints I consumed was not the norm for me to get into a car and drive these days.

I would normally have a pint and a half, then drive home and walk to my local, but I ran into some old friends and it was the old, come on have another one, and then one for the road.

then u should have been big enough to, 1. dont have another drink, or 2. have the drink and not drive home
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:39:12 »

9 years ago worked for some city type pricks, drove my mums 4 x 4 back after 2 and a half pints.  Step dad sat me through 3 hours of fire videos from accidents and never will do it again.  

I get the piss taken out of me for drinking shandy! Then again I lose my license and I lose everyything

dell boy

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 15:39:24 »

Quote from: "JPC82"

then u should have been big enough to, 1. dont have another drink, or 2. have the drink and not drive home

Thanks, I'll remember next time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: