Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interview with Maurice Malpas.  (Read 1567 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 13:28:39 »

Came accross this interview with Malpas. I found it quite interesting and thought I would share it.

http://www.loonyalba.com/f_malpas.html

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 14:08:22 »

If you don't care that they play football in Scotland, then the interesting bit is at the end.

SWINDON

You have steadied the ship at Swindon since joining them in January 2008.  This is your first job in England – are there any differences between coaching and managing in Scotland and England?

No, it's the same coaching and managing, the skills are the same.  The only real frustration I have had is that we've had so many games, I've not had the chance to do what I would call any 'proper' coaching with the team.  I have only recently had my first clear midweek since joining the club in January.  On the other hand, I enjoy the freshness about playing different teams every week.  In England you don't play everyone about 25 times per season as we do in Scotland.

Do the players know anything about your career with Dundee United and Scotland?

There's a few that know me a bit better, like Craig Easton.  Otherwise most of them know I played for Scotland, but very few have any idea I played in a European Cup Semi-Final and a UEFA Cup Final.  But it's not about my playing career, it's about what I do now.  I'm not one to go around talking up my own career!

Would you consider managing in Scotland again?

I was disappointed with the way it ended at Dundee United and the same with Motherwell.  I enjoyed both, I knew United very well and Motherwell is a nice club.   You can never say never with football, I would never say that I wouldn't go back to Scotland, but I'm very happy with Swindon.  I've been given a chance to grow with a club following the takeover, and I'm enjoying it so far.

Do you have a specific target for next season with Swindon?

Just to finish higher up the table.  We've comfortably secured our status this season after promotion last season.  Everyone in the division hopes to get to the play offs or better and we're no different.  Next year hopefully we'll have a right good season.  
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 14:09:51 »

Obviously it's fairly recent. But I can't see a date on it which is a bit annoying.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 14:10:15 »

Good read that, many thanks.   I particularly liked the reference to that French team and Platini looking one way and then hitting passes the other.

McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 14:57:12 »

He had 2 testamonials? Weird...
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 17:03:49 »

He talks briefly about the division between the Scottish players and 'the anglo's'. Stigma was even worse in the 1960's.

Scottish are so racist they are even racist against themselves.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 17:11:10 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
He had 2 testamonials? Weird...

I've got two, I think it's quite normal.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 18:05:32 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
He talks briefly about the division between the Scottish players and 'the anglo's'. Stigma was even worse in the 1960's.

Scottish are so racist they are even racist against themselves.

True - when you consider high-profile Scots in England like Frank McLintock and George Graham never really got a look in.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 22:17:00 »

we need a true scot like mel gibson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: