Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ticket Office late night opening  (Read 2383 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 09:02:56 »

Due to a lack of update on the ticket sales front on the official site, I was wondering if anyone went last night? Were sales brisk? was it like the first morning of the january sales? or was it like the queue to get the new Man Yoo shirt in Liverpool city centre?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 09:04:00 »

There's a thing in the Adver this morning saying we're at 153-something now, if that helps
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 09:11:31 »

It does, nothing on the adver webshite yet that I could see.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 09:11:35 »

So if all the remaining members of the TEF buy a season ticket and get 3 other non-forum types to do it then we'll have 6000 fine
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 14:37:43 »

only 1551 at 1pm according to OS. Although someone did say the system was down. :-))(

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:21:42 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
only 1551 at 1pm according to OS. Although someone did say the system was down. :-))(

Yes, but it's going to be a lot more up and down from now (the sales not the ticketing system). It was always going to be the case that there would be a little rush of enthusiasm in the first couple of weeks, followed by lulls and peaks. So there'll likely be a mini-rush mid-June when the "keep your seat" renewal deadline comes up, again at the end of June around pay day and again at the end of July when the 1st Aug deadline looms. We've sold a quarter of the target in the first two weeks of an eleven-week period (from 12th May to 1st August) so we're well ahead. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:31:25 »

and I having got round to renewing mine yet. thats one more.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:41:03 »

Quote from: "axs"

You can be the end of May rush
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:44:23 »

I'd imagine a lot of people get paid today, might be busy tomorrow.
Sussex

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 16:19:39 »

Birdys not renewing so that cancels yours out, If we only get 5999 you know who to blame.  Cheesy
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 16:20:35 »

I'll try and recruit one more then.

Sussex - get a season ticket.
Sussex

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 16:28:08 »

I'll try and recruit one more then.

Sussex - get a season ticket.

We did discuss both getting one, but even though we'll do more than enough games to cover it a lot will be away games. So with petrol etc on top we'll have to pick and choose home games (will be spending a fair bit on the house).

Hope Orients on a bloody Saturday next season!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 19:38:49 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Yes, but it's going to be a lot more up and down from now (the sales not the ticketing system). It was always going to be the case that there would be a little rush of enthusiasm in the first couple of weeks, followed by lulls and peaks. So there'll likely be a mini-rush mid-June when the "keep your seat" renewal deadline comes up, again at the end of June around pay day and again at the end of July when the 1st Aug deadline looms. We've sold a quarter of the target in the first two weeks of an eleven-week period (from 12th May to 1st August) so we're well ahead. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring

Panic is exactly what is needed.  They should start suggesting blocks are about to sell out, then people will panic buy to ensure they get the seat they want.  In reality people would settle for loads of seat options but when the pressure is on it feels like someone else will pinch the only one you wanted if you don't get in first.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 19:47:17 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "pauld"

Panic is exactly what is needed.  They should start suggesting blocks are about to sell out, then people will panic buy to ensure they get the seat they want.  In reality people would settle for loads of seat options but when the pressure is on it feels like someone else will pinch the only one you wanted if you don't get in first.

Maybe they will try and crash the system say when we get a few hundred short of 6000 so they can get more money.

Sincerely yours

STFC Bart.
STFC Village

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 21:30:26 »

None of my family have purchased yet, so that's 5 more in early - mid june
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: