Pages: 1 ... 2746 2747 2748 [2749] 2750 2751 2752 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867135 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41220 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:33:53 »

I think its telling that an ex player gets linked to us and is instantly written off as he didn't look too good in his first spell with us, with Evans a spell that was 10 years ago who has since played 320+ games at professional level, even if its a low level.

Players can indeed get better after leaving Swindon, who would have thought we would welcome back Twine when he went out on loan at the start of the season or even Billy Bodin or even Ben Tozer, both if which didn't really look that good before they left us but most fans would want them back again now.

A lot of water under the bridge since he left.

Typical Swindon fans writing off potential new signings without knowing anything about them other than too young, too old, used to be rubbish, not good enough goal rate etc etc.

Lets back them and see how they play over a few games before we write them off.
Spot on.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #41221 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:34:31 »

According to the Football Oracle via Twitter Luton have made Swindon an offer for Mr. Twine which has unsurprisingly been turned down.

Nixon is looked at as some sort of transfer font of all information by some STFC fans

The fact that he puts on either complete guesses or stories that have been on other news outlets hours before and passes it off as his own.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #41222 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:38:43 »

Nixon is looked at as some sort of transfer font of all information by some STFC fans

The fact that he puts on either complete guesses or stories that have been on other news outlets hours before and passes it off as his own.

I think a lot of the time he is being fed some sort of info by clubs/agents to try to secure a deal.  I dont believe anything unless it comes from Tansmedia
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #41223 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:40:51 »

Nooooo, fuck me, really? Well what a cunt. I’ll have to re-evaluate my opinion of this charlatan social media know all jock bastard.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41224 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:45:38 »

I think a lot of the time he is being fed some sort of info by clubs/agents to try to secure a deal.  I dont believe anything unless it comes from Tansmedia

Thanks for the support Ron
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #41225 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:51:47 »

Nooooo, fuck me, really? Well what a cunt. I’ll have to re-evaluate my opinion of this charlatan social media know all jock bastard.

You're probably one of the cunts who believes every word
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #41226 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:52:25 »

I think its telling that an ex player gets linked to us and is instantly written off as he didn't look too good in his first spell with us, with Evans a spell that was 10 years ago who has since played 320+ games at professional level, even if its a low level.

Players can indeed get better after leaving Swindon, who would have thought we would welcome back Twine when he went out on loan at the start of the season or even Billy Bodin or even Ben Tozer, both if which didn't really look that good before they left us but most fans would want them back again now.

Typical Swindon fans writing off potential new signings without knowing anything about them other than too young, too old, used to be rubbish, not good enough goal rate etc etc.

I think the Chesterfield fans to a man describing him as a clogger, a liability and overrated is a pretty firm basis on which to form an opinion thanks. If he’s considered poor in a struggling non league team he’s going to be nowhere near good enough at this level!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41227 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 14:57:50 »

I think the Chesterfield fans to a man describing him as a clogger, a liability and overrated is a pretty firm basis on which to form an opinion thanks.
It may well be. But the way he played a decade ago in one game for Hereford certainly isn't.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #41228 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 15:02:01 »

It may well be. But the way he played a decade ago in one game for Hereford certainly isn't.
I was highlighting the only real memory most will have of him and judging by the Chesterfield fans comments he’s still nowhere near league level so no thanks.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #41229 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 15:05:44 »

This is absolute fucking nonsense in regards to Will Evans. He's 29 and has spent his entire career in the Conference. I'll pass thanks.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41230 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 15:22:26 »

Then the same fans get on their backs when their not good enough

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #41231 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 15:25:12 »

If he wasnt born here everyone would be turning their nose up at a centre half who's 29 and never made it in league football.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41232 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 15:27:32 »

On paper signing Will Evans makes little sense. We have too many CBs on our books anyway. As a no-nonsense defender as a cheaper squad player in league 2 perhaps but in a league 1 dogfight surely not?

Maybe his dad is investing in the club.  

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41233 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 15:33:59 »

Indeed, this is another reflection of the impact the pandemic has had.

We saw last January (and arguably with the defensive recruitment in recent weeks) that Power will put his hand in his pocket as much as possible - some fans have short memories unfortunately.

I think the lack of sympathy stems from that it is likely not Power putting his hands in his pockets. More likely his hands in others pockets. In essence Power isn't the one out of pocket - he's a modern day hustler (fair play) and thus I think it is why there is little sympathy for the man who proclaims "there is no manney Shawn" 
Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41234 on: Sunday, January 24, 2021, 15:35:04 »

I was highlighting the only real memory most will have of him and judging by the Chesterfield fans comments he’s still nowhere near league level so no thanks.
The same set of fans that voted him Player of the year and he also won players player of the year 18/19?

Perhaps he isn't quite as bad as they are saying?  Hmmm

https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/profile/will-evans

Also can fill-in in goal and saved a penalty last year.

Evans won both the Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year awards at the end of the 2018/19 season. His most memorable moment in a blue shirt came against Ebbsfleet in 2019, when the Spireites came back from three goals behind to draw 3-3. Evans scored the equalising goal and a few moments later then saved a penalty to earn his side a dramatic point, after filling as keeper when Callum Burton was sent off in the dying seconds of the game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 2746 2747 2748 [2749] 2750 2751 2752 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: