Pages: 1 ... 2640 2641 2642 [2643] 2644 2645 2646 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867779 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39630 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:20:59 »

Somebody please clear my fuddled brain re the salary cap.

I understand there is an overall wage cap of £2.5m. I also understand the squad is capped at 24 players.

Now, players under 21(?) do not count towards the squad cap, but do their wages count towards the salary cap?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39631 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:26:05 »

Reading a bit more on the Plymuff forum, hes like Woolery for Town fans, totally polarising views on him.

If he does sign, then in theory we could play Fryer, Fryers, Grant, Grant, Smith, Smith and Smith.

Its all going a bit Bobby Robson, saves Wellens forgetting players names.

Shame Grant Smith no longer playing..... looking at his record he had 19 clubs and the 33 he played for us the most anywhere with 10 goals.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39632 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:30:04 »

Somebody please clear my fuddled brain re the salary cap.

I understand there is an overall wage cap of £2.5m. I also understand the squad is capped at 24 players.

Now, players under 21(?) do not count towards the squad cap, but do their wages count towards the salary cap?
No, U21 players neither count toward salary cap total or squad limit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39633 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:32:03 »

Thanks, PV. Great time to be a young footballer, then.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39634 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:32:04 »

Shame Grant Smith no longer playing..... looking at his record he had 19 clubs and the 33 he played for us the most anywhere with 10 goals.
We all dream of a team thats all named Smith, a team thats all named Smith, a team thats all named Smith....

Peter Venkman

« Reply #39635 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:34:37 »

Thanks, PV. Great time to be a young footballer, then.
It is, and it also means that the wages of Kovar & M Smith are not counted towards the total budget! I think T Smith is a few months too old though.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #39636 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:58:04 »

No, U21 players neither count toward salary cap total or squad limit.
So many seem unable to grasp this. I see keeping Curran is getting thrown into the Broadbent argument, regardless of the source of Curran’s wages he doesn’t count to the squad size or wage cap so is irrelevant to a one or the other argument.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39637 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:06:10 »

Thanks Horlockslegs.

Such a shame for Broadbent, but whether injured or otherwise he's not really had a look in. I'll always have his signed sponsors shirt (in your face Audry!) .
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39638 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:28:07 »

I will forever remember the pint of Peroni he bought me at the sponsors dinner.

Top bloke, shame it didnt work out
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #39639 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:35:37 »

Not a rumour but i see someone on twitter mentioned Ben Heneghan. 6'3 CB that seems to still be available? Released by Sheff Utd but spent last 2 seasons on loan at Blackpool. Looks to be exactly the sort of player to fill the CB hole we have.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39640 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:42:58 »

Not a rumour but i see someone on twitter mentioned Ben Heneghan. 6'3 CB that seems to still be available? Released by Sheff Utd but spent last 2 seasons on loan at Blackpool. Looks to be exactly the sort of player to fill the CB hole we have.
Linked to Preston and Millwall just over a month ago, could be a possible target.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-linked-blackpool-loanee-and-former-tottenham-striker-transfer-window-now-open-2926080

Panda Paws

« Reply #39641 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:45:07 »

Broadbent is a good L2 CB. He's not suitable for the way we play though. better all round for him to move on and establish himself somewhere and allow us to bring in a more suitable, capable option.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #39642 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:19:26 »

Wellens on Jordan Stevens : "He brings pace, energy and something different in midfield. He's good on the ball and can get us up the pitch quick. If you're signing someone from Leeds then you know they will be fit." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Donohue : "Dion has had a lot of issues in his life and this is basically his last chance saloon. He's been training with us for 10 weeks and if he stays professional then I don't see many better left-backs at this level." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Broadbent: "We have told Tom he can find another club which is why we haven't given him a squad number. If you give a player a squad number then they have to be included in the salary cap and the only way we can bring another centre-back in is if we lose one." #stfc

Wellens on Woolery : "His agent is the chief exec of Tranmere so how does that work. He's a brilliant kid and was a big part of what we did last year. I'd like to have kept him and I don't think it's a good move for him." #stfc #efl

Wellens on transfers : "We need a centre-back and a replacement for Michael Doughty. We also need another attacking player as well." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Pitman : "He's trained brilliantly this week and has been finishing great in training." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Blackpool : "I went on loan to Blackpool and have got good memories at Blackpool. We've had such a turnaround of players that not many know of Yates and Anderson. We know what they are all about, but I hope they have absolute stinkers against us on Saturday." #STFC

Wellens on Blackpool : "If we can keep the ball then we can cause them massive problems. It will be a tough game for us given the investment they have had. I've hear there will be 1000 fans there on Saturday." #stfc #efl

Wellens on test event : "We've enquired about having fans at the Exeter game and are waiting to hear back from the EFL." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Nelson : "We have no interest in Sid Nelson. We are looking forwards not backwards." #stfc #efl

Dion Conroy not yet fit. Possible new CB arriving before the weekend. #stfc #efl

We can also reveal that Joel Grant has been training with Swindon this week. Wellens impressed with the striker so far. #stfc #efl

That’s like saying if you are banging a lass from Leeds you know she is going to be dirty  Girl Giggle
Panda Paws

« Reply #39643 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:23:37 »

So Stevens, Donahue are givens. A CB and a wide forward (Grant) leaves only the Doughty replacement.

We're getting there.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #39644 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:29:25 »

So Stevens, Donahue are givens. A CB and a wide forward (Grant) leaves only the Doughty replacement.

We're getting there.

Maybe a couple of years too late, but I'd have loved to have Ferry back to fulfil the Doughty replacement.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 2640 2641 2642 [2643] 2644 2645 2646 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: