Pages: 1 ... 2639 2640 2641 [2642] 2643 2644 2645 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867722 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39615 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 21:02:56 »

All I’m saying is that it isn’t a rumour if everybody knows they are signing next week.

Occasionally I’ll put up a thought as to who is available and seems a good fit but that’s not a rumour either - it’s an opinion.

A rumour is a whisper heard or read which may be bollocks but it’s been put out there.

Okey koky, I'll try better to legitimise my bollocks  Cheesy I know that not receiving the Broadbent shirt still has likely raised your temper.

Anyway, I've heard the Huddlestone rumour may asl be back on but I still reckon Eric Lichaj will come in, once the Bogle money has been shared out  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #39616 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:44:26 »

Wellens has “pied” the Sid Nelson rumour, said “we’re looking forwards, not back”.
Flashheart

« Reply #39617 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:49:11 »

Wellens on Broadbent🗣: "We have told Tom he can find another club which is why we haven't given him a squad number. If you give a player a squad number then they have to be included in the salary cap and the only way we can bring another centre-back in is if we lose one."
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #39618 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:51:30 »

Wellens on Jordan Stevens : "He brings pace, energy and something different in midfield. He's good on the ball and can get us up the pitch quick. If you're signing someone from Leeds then you know they will be fit." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Donohue : "Dion has had a lot of issues in his life and this is basically his last chance saloon. He's been training with us for 10 weeks and if he stays professional then I don't see many better left-backs at this level." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Broadbent: "We have told Tom he can find another club which is why we haven't given him a squad number. If you give a player a squad number then they have to be included in the salary cap and the only way we can bring another centre-back in is if we lose one." #stfc

Wellens on Woolery : "His agent is the chief exec of Tranmere so how does that work. He's a brilliant kid and was a big part of what we did last year. I'd like to have kept him and I don't think it's a good move for him." #stfc #efl

Wellens on transfers : "We need a centre-back and a replacement for Michael Doughty. We also need another attacking player as well." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Pitman : "He's trained brilliantly this week and has been finishing great in training." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Blackpool : "I went on loan to Blackpool and have got good memories at Blackpool. We've had such a turnaround of players that not many know of Yates and Anderson. We know what they are all about, but I hope they have absolute stinkers against us on Saturday." #STFC

Wellens on Blackpool : "If we can keep the ball then we can cause them massive problems. It will be a tough game for us given the investment they have had. I've hear there will be 1000 fans there on Saturday." #stfc #efl

Wellens on test event : "We've enquired about having fans at the Exeter game and are waiting to hear back from the EFL." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Nelson : "We have no interest in Sid Nelson. We are looking forwards not backwards." #stfc #efl

Dion Conroy not yet fit. Possible new CB arriving before the weekend. #stfc #efl

We can also reveal that Joel Grant has been training with Swindon this week. Wellens impressed with the striker so far. #stfc #efl
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:56:38 by HorlocksLegs » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #39619 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:54:56 »

Wellens on Broadbent🗣: "We have told Tom he can find another club which is why we haven't given him a squad number. If you give a player a squad number then they have to be included in the salary cap and the only way we can bring another centre-back in is if we lose one."

I read from this that money is not necessarily a problem per se, but money that contributes to the wage cap specifically. It seems to me they're willing to pay Broadbent's salary in addition to those that are in the cap.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #39620 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:56:04 »

Hoping to have a CB in by the weekend.
Flashheart

« Reply #39621 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:56:28 »

We can also reveal that Joel Grant has been training with Swindon this week. Wellens impressed with the striker so far. #stfc #efl
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39622 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:56:53 »

Thanks for the summary Horlockslegs.

Not much there we couldnt have guessed at TBH but it does confirm that Broadbent is not wanted on voyage and that Nelson is not a target.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39623 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:58:42 »

'Muff fans liked him but bemoaned his lack of end product, decent work rate, not sure at 33 he would be one for the future so a short term deal may be on the cards.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39624 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:59:28 »

I read from this that money is not necessarily a problem per se, but money that contributes to the wage cap specifically. It seems to me they're willing to pay Broadbent's salary in addition to those that are in the cap.
Not just us, but how are clubs able to invest wages and contracts with no certainty that fans will be back in numbers any time soon? How can we/they afford it? Got me baffled.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #39625 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:00:22 »

'Muff fans liked him, good work rate, not sure at 33 he would be one for the future so a short term deal may be on the cards.

Seems a similar mould to Hope. Able to play out wide or as a 9, similar goal scoring record too.
Flashheart

« Reply #39626 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:07:20 »

Not just us, but how are clubs able to invest wages and contracts with no certainty that fans will be back in numbers any time soon? How can we/they afford it? Got me baffled.

The word 'Bogle' springs to mind.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39627 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:08:20 »

Made my mind ‘Bogle’, that’s for sure!
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #39628 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:08:58 »

Seems a similar mould to Hope. Able to play out wide or as a 9, similar goal scoring record too.

Replacement for Woolrey perhaps.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39629 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:13:40 »

Reading a bit more on the Plymuff forum, hes like Woolery for Town fans, totally polarising views on him.

Quote from: Plymuff fans
Joel Grant is a very useful squad player, always gives 100% and has at times shown that little bit of magic that can unlock a defence.

He is a very average League 2 player who has serious desire and commitment problems.

An average player whose dubious form has deserted him.

I have been impressed by Joel Grant this season but he looked again like he didn't fancy it today, when we really needed him to step up. Very lacklustre performance and a more determined striker would have done better when he was all but clean through in the first half.

I don’t know where this “lack of effort” has come from. It’s like people come up with a idea and then it somehow sticks when Argyle didn’t perform.

Simply, the guy isn’t a centre forward but a wide player. Two examples of goals he has scored this season. Crewe and Swindon away. Both scored with him moving off the flank and coming in from wide positions.

Also during the match he rarely gets out of a comfortable trot and more often than not (for that read always) ducks a challenge. I would be very surprised if we see him in a starting 11 for us again. Disappointing as he is a skillful player.

Not sure about lack of effort but what struck me is that he seems to be running in treacle. A couple of times the ball went into the space and the defender or keeper beat him easily. He wasn't the only one mind you. I thought he did do well when the pass came to him directly and he did hold it up under lots of physical pressure. I thought he used to be quick!!!maybe he's bulked up and lost that.

Regardless of the fact he is a wide player rather than a striker there is no excuse for bottling out of 50/50 situations.Yesterday was not a one off but is becoming the norm. Joel is not "with it "for some reason.

Sorry, l just don’t think he is lazy. Yesterday l noticed how hard he tried to hold the ball up on occasions. It doesn’t strike me that’s a lazy player.

No lack of effort. More a lack of ability in front of goal and a lack of confidence because of that.

Joel Grant has never, ever been 'very good'. He's a distinctly average player who enjoyed one or two spells of reasonable form last season and early this.

Not wanting to stay on a negative, as we are on a great run, but Joel continues to show a lack of effort and interest when he comes on as sub!

If Joel Grant wasn’t trying very hard or wasn’t behind the team then I’m pretty sure that the manager wouldn’t play him (in fact he’d probably make him train with the reserves). I think his effort levels are fine. Whether he’s the right choice for a central striker position is a separate debate.

Never rated Joel Grant, very lazy and frankly needs to go.

If he does sign, then in theory we could play Fryer, Fryers, Grant, Grant, Smith, Smith and Smith.

Its all going a bit Bobby Robson, saves Wellens forgetting players names.

Pages: 1 ... 2639 2640 2641 [2642] 2643 2644 2645 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: