Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 2604 ... 3992   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9167979 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #39000 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:29:14 »

It still disappoints me that many Swindon fans love to write a player off before they have even signed for us. But its always been like that so its no surprise.

I am confident that Wellens knows his targets and I have faith he will sign whatever player fits that jigsaw peice, whether we as fans agree or not, he is the boss.

Not sure anyone's written him off? I think he'd be a good option from the banch but not the main man. Doesn't mean he won't be a success here, and I hope he is.

People are allowed opinions that are different from the consensus, in either direction.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #39001 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:30:09 »

Interesting read from the Portsmouth paper - Pitman clearly has his feet on the ground.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/ex-plymouth-and-swindon-target-brett-pitman-what-next-his-career-after-portsmouth-exit-2911188

COYR
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39002 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:32:16 »

Not sure anyone's written him off? I think he'd be a good option from the banch but not the main man. Doesn't mean he won't be a success here, and I hope he is.

People are allowed opinions that are different from the consensus, in either direction.

If he's as influential as Marc Richards was for a season or two that's good enough for me

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39003 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:37:48 »

Indeed they are, a fact often ignored, everyones opinion is valid and although you are a borderline naysayer in his signing it was not aimed at you, you have decided that your doubts outweight the possible positives and I respect that fully.

For me the positives outweight the negatives, but we do have a band of fans on social media especially that write players off before they have kicked a ball for us and we always have.

I just trust that Wellens knows the type of player he wants anf will get that player.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39004 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:40:18 »

Indeed they are, a fact often ignored, everyones opinion is valid and although you are a borderline naysayer in his signing it was not aimed at you, you have decided that your doubts outweight the possible positives and I respect that fully.

For me the positives outweight the negatives, but we do have a band of fans on social media especially that write players off before they have kicked a ball for us and we always have.

I just trust that Wellens knows the type of player he wants anf will get that player.

Imagine being Wellens and reading everything on here you would end up throwing the tablet out of the window and kick the cat out for being lazy😁

Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #39005 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:42:34 »

Imagine being Wellens and reading everything on here you would end up throwing the tablet out of the window and kick the cat out for being lazy😁
Just too many imponderables for comfort.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39006 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:43:19 »

People from the club do read the forum I know that as fact, I doubt Wellens himself does though, he would slit his wrists at some posts!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39007 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:46:27 »

People from the club do read the forum I know that as fact, I doubt Wellens himself does though, he would slit his wrists at some posts!

I can imagine the younger players do and like everything word gets around!

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #39008 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:52:45 »

It still disappoints me that many Swindon fans love to write a player off before they have even signed for us. But its always been like that so its no surprise.

I am confident that Wellens knows his targets and I have faith he will sign whatever player fits that jigsaw peice, whether we as fans agree or not, he is the boss.
I think people are allowed to have concerns and with some of the images of Pitman's physical condition it does making it a bit of a riskier signing. To date Wellens has a good record but he isn't God and has and will get it wrong (Adam May for example) so as much as Pitman shouldn't be wrote off he can't be lauded as the answer to our prayers either.

On a side note I don't get where this myth that Doyle didn't work hard has come from, out of possession he was constantly chasing and pressuring defenders. Almost certainly that is something Pitman won't/can't do so is another concern I have whether he will fit in as well as some think.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39009 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:53:31 »

And will know a hell of a lot more regarding their fitness, ability, availability and fit into his system than any of the armchair experts on here.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39010 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:55:16 »

On a side note I don't get where this myth that Doyle didn't work hard has come from, out of possession he was constantly chasing and pressuring defenders. Almost certainly that is something Pitman won't/can't do so is another concern I have whether he will fit in as well as some think.

In that piece linked from the local rag Pitman nuggets that on average he covers more ground than most other players, so perhaps the idea that he is lazy is a similar myth?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39011 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:56:40 »

I agree, Doyle was a very hard worker and worked the channels well too, he had more pace than it appeared but that was against L2 defenders which are not known for their speed, or speed of thought.

And TBH every player that signs is a gamble, it may work it may not, everything clicked for Doyle, it certainly didn't click at Bradford!

Right player at the right time in the right side.

FWIW I don't think we are even after Pitman I have a feeling it will be a different striker target that has not even been linked yet that we eventually sign.

Flashheart

« Reply #39012 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 11:04:19 »

On a side note I don't get where this myth that Doyle didn't work hard has come from

Your imagination?

I don't think anybody here has made that claim. But Wellens has said in the past that he did not want Doyle working too hard - you'd need to take it up with Wellens if you don't agree with what he says.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #39013 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 11:05:17 »

In that piece linked from the local rag Pitman nuggets that on average he covers more ground than most other players, so perhaps the idea that he is lazy is a similar myth?
Maybe

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #39014 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 11:07:04 »

I think people are allowed to have concerns and with some of the images of Pitman's physical condition it does making it a bit of a riskier signing. To date Wellens has a good record but he isn't God and has and will get it wrong (Adam May for example) so as much as Pitman shouldn't be wrote off he can't be lauded as the answer to our prayers either.

I think the shape Caddis appears to be in then at least Pitman will have someone to run with! :-)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 2604 ... 3992   Go Up
Print
Jump to: