Pages: 1 ... 2479 2480 2481 [2482] 2483 2484 2485 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867154 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37215 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:14:42 »

Could be a lad for the future? He's only 16 but seems to have a committed attitude. GK from Ireland. Good with his feet too. A modern, ball playing keeper. I like him. Intriguing.

Get Big Steve and Ben Chorley out to have a look at him.

PS: No, his Mum hasn't hacked me account   Cheesy

https://instagram.com/dan_footy18?igshid=3sxlfcka1sok
On the basis of what?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #37216 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:15:58 »

On the basis of what?

Wasn’t just me then?
I went thought a load of videos and didn't actually anybody see any saves, just a few keeps uppys.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37217 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:22:37 »

Wasn’t just me then?
I went thought a load of videos and didn't actually anybody see any saves, just a few keeps uppys.
He had some nice pictures of gloves. Maybe it was that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37218 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:15:32 »

Wellens on talk of the town

Deal for Watford gk fell through after relegation

Offer in for Smith at Arsenal, but at the moment Arsenal want too much money and the penalties if he didnt play are too high.

That really pisses me off, the way they hold lower league clubs to ransom
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #37219 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:18:36 »

Offer in for Smith at Arsenal, but at the moment Arsenal want too much money and the penalties if he didnt play are too high.

Wellens talks about another permanent one in later this week and the interviewer doesn't ask anything more? Even though we know Wellens will bat it back without answering, at least ask the question.

Think its someone new, given the way he was then talking about Isgrove/Woolery after.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #37220 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:19:51 »

I reckon its just Donohue to be honest
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37221 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:21:41 »

Agreed, that’s because they can or feel they can. I somehow don’t think Wellens is that much of a pushover somehow and if Smith did end up here it would be on more Favourable terms.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #37222 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:22:01 »

The goalkeeper was Daniel Bachmann who was wanted by Kilmarnock and was on loan there previously I was told.

As for the loan, most loans from a Premier team have a "must be played if fit" clause otherwise you have to pay a fee to them or cover all their wages.

Chances are hes already on a higher wage at the Arse than any first team player at Town so the Arse will only subsidise his wages if he is playing otherwise we cover the full cost. Most of Chelseas young pros are on between £5k and £10k per week so I imagine hes on similar (those wages are what Power stated when we had the Chelsea loanees previously).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #37223 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:25:55 »

Agreed, that’s because they can or feel they can. I somehow don’t think Wellens is that much of a pushover somehow and if Smith did end up here it would be on more Favourable terms.

Wellens said we have already put a counter offer in so we’ll see i guess
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #37224 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:28:47 »

The goalkeeper was Daniel Bachmann who was wanted by Kilmarnock and was on loan there previously I was told.

Well, you ain't seen nothing yet.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #37225 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:29:29 »

Wellens is spot on with everything he says about the loan. Given how pitiful the amount is for Arsenal as well, they don't care about the money. They just only see the benefit in him playing for us, if he is not then they believe he is better training with them and playing u23. I don't think thats quite right given the pressure playing for a club that needs results etc. Still interesting that Wellens wants to bolster midfield with another player you would think would be in or around the first eleven. Bye bye rose by the looks of things.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37226 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:31:07 »

Well, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Into overdrive with Chris Turner?

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37227 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:35:13 »

Good for him ‘standing’ up to them. If they have a better offer then he’ll be go somewhere else in which case fair enough. I also suspect RW will have other irons in the fire should they try to keep him hanging for an improved one on the improved one so to speak.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37228 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:42:10 »

Good for him ‘standing’ up to them. If they have a better offer then he’ll be go somewhere else in which case fair enough. I also suspect RW will have other irons in the fire should they try to keep him hanging for an improved one on the improved one so to speak.
Indeed, Arsenal fans on one of their many forums suggest hes way too good for L1 and they should be looking at a Championship loan instead.

Like any of them have even seen a L1 game in their lives probably. Too many fans of Premiership sides have a massively over inflated view of their own young players abilities I have found.

He is after all a 1st year pro aged just 19, yes he captained the Arse U18s but hes still very young.

His preffered position is defensive midfielder so I think would learn a lot from Grant if he came but he would also be vying for the same position as Grant, even though he is a more attack minded player than Grant ever was. He would be up against Rose, Palmer, Doughty and Lyden as well.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37229 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:48:25 »

I presume Ballard was of a similar standing at Arsenal last season and we got him.

Maybe Smith is higher calibre. Thought bigger clubs got the better end of any loan deal by progressing their youngsters by playing competitive football.

That young fella from Brighton is now a regular PL starter, as is Jack Stephens. We have a decent track record in bettering young players.
Pages: 1 ... 2479 2480 2481 [2482] 2483 2484 2485 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: